Connect with us

News

How Students Allegedly Raped Female Colleagues From Another School Inside Bush In Oyo

Published

on

Five secondary school students of Ejioku Community Grammar School, Oyo State, who allegedly ambushed female students who came from another school, dragged them into the bush and raped them have spoken on their involvement and the role played by each of them.

The male students were arrested by Amotekun Corps, Oyo State Command after information was received on the incident. The second in command of Oyo Amotekun, Kazeem Babalola Akinro, confirmed this when contacted.

Investigation revealed that the rape incident was not an isolated case, as it is said to be the norm among male students in the areas.

In the instant case, one of the victims, a 14-year-old student, was said to have had her hymen forcefully broken after two boys had earlier failed to penetrate her private part.

The students involved were identified as Mayowa, 17; Joshua, 16; Seun, 17; Sunday, 16 and Basit, 17 (surnames withheld). Two of them, Seun and Sunday, are from the same mother but different fathers.

Nigerian Tribune gathered from a credible source who was a parent in the school that the act was so rampant among the students that the principal had warned them. The source said that it was also discussed at the Parent-Teacher Association meeting where parents were told to warn their male children.

One of the suspects currently at large was said to have used his motorcycle that he usually brought to school to chase the girls into the bush beside their field where his colleagues would be lying in waiting. They would then pounce on the girls and start raping them.

The latest victims were four girls but three of the parents reportedly decided to keep sealed lips. The case caught the attention of a female lawyer, Barrister Modupe Aderemi, and she was able to have a conversation with one of the traumatized girls whose hymen was brutally broken, and she narrated her experience. Strangely, the Nigerian Tribune learnt that the fatherless girl was quickly whisked off by her father’s family from Ibadan to a town that shares boundary with where they live so that the case would die off.

In their latest sexual escapade, a member of the group of suspected rapists recorded a video of the deflowered girl as she was being abused. In the video, seen by the Nigerian Tribune, the girl was begging Mayowa as he held her neck with his hands, saying that it was hurting her. The boy, however, threatened her not to shout, barking at her to raise her legs. Crying, she pleaded, telling the suspect that she was still young and had not known any man. She begged him not to deflower her, but one of the boys came and pushed his finger forcefully into her private part to break her hymen in order to allow easy penetration.

The girl’s father is said to be late, and his relatives decided not to pursue the case, blaming the mother and the person who offered assistance for reporting the case to Amotekun.

In an interview with Mayowa, who, though an SSS3 student, could not speak in English, narrated how they raped the girls: “What happened was that we had finished our exams, and when that happens, students usually go to other schools around them to play with fellow students.

“Some female students came to our school on Thursday, December 5. Four of the female students got near our school’s field and we went to them. Our Principal and teachers were in their offices while we were on the field.

“One of us, Basit, knew one of the girls. We deceived them into believing that other students were playing on the school farm, volunteering to take them there. Usually, we used to play on the farm, with colleagues, tying ropes on two close trees and swinging on them.

“The girls followed us, but we had the motive of sleeping with them. On getting there, we told them that we wanted to have s3xual relationship with them. We picked them one by one and took them to different spots on the farm, laid them on their backs on the grass and raped them.

“I didn’t know what others were doing at their own corners. When the girl with me didn’t want to yield, I told her that another boy would pick her if she tried to run away, asking her to do the ‘normal’ with me. I asked her to remove her underwear and mounted her. It was difficult penetrating her because of her virginity, so I just ejaculated at the entry and got up.

“One of us, Joshua, decided to go for her also but also didn’t achieve penetration. Another boy wanted to do same but I refused him. He was the one who started recording me and the girl during the sex session. Basit came and wanted to do his own but I told him the girl was a virgin. That was when he used his finger to break her hymen by poking her.

“This is my second time. I did the first one with a girl in my neighbourhood. She was my girlfriend. I started dating her a year ago. I told her that I wanted to sleep with her and she gave me a date. We did it on the date she gave me.”

Joshua, also in SSS3, told his side of the story: “I was in my class that day. As I wanted to ease myself by a tree which is close to the bush, I heard some voices. I heard a girl pleading to be left and not to be ejaculated in. I got there and saw my colleagues with her. I was asked whether I was interested in sleeping with her also. I initially told them that I was not interested but was encouraged to do it. I tried to, but couldn’t penetrate. I saw that she was a virgin and left her. Basit came and poked her with his finger.”

Seun, who is in SSS1, said: “We were on the field when the girls came. We went to them and took them to the bush. I picked one of them and asked that we should start dating. I took her to a spot in the bush and slept with her.”

Basit, in SSS3, told his side of the story: ”The female students came to our school. I saw one of them who was my girlfriend whom I dated when I was in JSS2. I had already missed her because that was when I last saw her, as her parents moved out of Ejioku Community, so I started discussing with her.

“I asked her if we could continue our relationship but she replied that she already had another boy. Others started picking each of other girls. I stayed with my own girl by the field side, but later asked her to allow me to check others. I saw Mayowa and Joshua with the girl they slept with. They told me that she was a virgin. I inserted my finger to check and discovered it was true. I had once slept with a girl in the same bush, but I didn’t rape her. She gave her consent. I have watched pornography video only once before.”

Seun’s half-brother, Sunday, aged 16, who is in SSS1 but already a father of one, was said to have impregnated another girl and had a son less than two months ago. His account showed that his latest attempted rape was unsuccessful because the girl he laid hands on was menstruating. He said: “I knew one of the female students who came to our school on that day. It was at Lalupon that we knew each other then. When I took her inside the bush, I propositioned her and she told me she already had a guy. She asked for what I wanted and I told her to allow me to sleep with her. She answered that she would have allowed me but she was having her monthly period. To confirm this, I asked her to show me and she pulled down her tights and showed me her bulging underwear which indicated that she was truly menstruating. I left her.”

He confirmed having a child about two months ago but said the new mother was not raped. “I proposed to her and she agreed. I slept with her and she became pregnant. She is currently nursing the baby while living with me and my mother,” he explained.

The female lawyer, who said that her organisation, Modupe Owonikoko Foundation, has taken up the matter, promised to make sure the suspects face justice to serve as deterrent to others who might want to commit such an act.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that the case has been transferred to the Oyo State command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps for further investigation.

SOURCE

News

Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack

Published

on

By

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.

During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.

The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.

Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.

According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.

During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.

A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.

While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.

“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”

Continue Reading

News

Brake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba

Published

on

By

One person died and four others were rescued following a road accident at Ekoro Junction, Abule-Egba, on Friday evening, according to a statement from the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority.

The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department of LASTMA, Adebayo Taofiq, made this known in a statement issued on the agency’s X handle on Saturday.

According to the agency, the crash occurred at about 7:30 p.m. when an empty MACK tanker suffered a sudden brake failure, lost control and rammed into a Toyota Corolla before crashing into a roadside shop.

LASTMA said the tanker, with registration number EKY 900 XY, collided with a Toyota Corolla marked AAA 823 AY.

The impact caused extensive structural damage to the shop and triggered panic among traders and pedestrians in the area.

“The magnitude of the collision led to the immediate confirmation of one fatality at the scene, while four other trapped persons were extricated from the wreckage through coordinated emergency rescue efforts,” the agency stated.

The authority said it immediately activated its Rescue and Recovery Protocol, deploying specialised operatives to manage the situation.

“Personnel implemented strategic traffic diversion, vehicular evacuation procedures and crowd management in synergy with other emergency responders to forestall secondary incidents and guarantee unobstructed access for rescue operations,” LASTMA added.

It stated that emergency teams carried out rescue operations and provided medical attention to the injured victims.

According to the agency, a heavy-duty tow truck was later deployed to evacuate the damaged tanker and clear debris from the road to restore normal traffic flow.

The agency disclosed that the tanker driver fled the scene shortly after the crash and security operatives have since launched efforts to apprehend the driver and initiate legal proceedings.

“Security personnel from the Nigeria Police Force, Ekoro Division, responded expeditiously, maintaining public order, securing the accident perimeter and assisting in investigative processes aimed at establishing the precise sequence of events that culminated in the mechanical failure and subsequent collision.

“The incident precipitated considerable traffic congestion extending across adjoining routes toward Abule-Egba, necessitating robust traffic management interventions by LASTMA officials who remained on ground directing vehicular movement and implementing diversion strategies to alleviate the backlog,” it said.

According to the agency, its General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, expressed condolences to the family of the deceased and urged transport operators, particularly drivers of articulated vehicles, to prioritise routine vehicle maintenance.

“Preventable mechanical deficiencies remain a significant contributory factor in severe road traffic crashes,” Bakare-Oki said.

He also advised motorists to exercise vigilance, obey traffic regulations and maintain responsible driving practices, especially within densely populated commercial corridors.

Bakare-Oki assured the public that security agencies would conduct a thorough investigation to determine the immediate and remote causes of the incident and ensure that anyone found culpable would be prosecuted in accordance with extant laws.

The agency said other emergency responders at the scene included the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the Lagos State Ambulance Service, the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit and officers of the Nigeria Police Force, collaborated to coordinate rescue, medical response and environmental safety measures.

Continue Reading

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

Trending