Connect with us

News

Richest Woman In Nigeria, Folorunsho Alakija, Husband Allegedly Part Ways

Published

on

After over 40 years of marital bliss and just at the twilight of her marriage, former society matriarch turned minister of the gospel, Folorunsho Alakija has suffered a devastating marital crisis.

According to very reliable sources close to THEWILL, the mother of four who is also Nigeria’s wealthiest woman, has allegedly separated from her husband, Modupe.

The businessman allegedly, no longer spends cold nights in the arms of his wife on their matrimonial bed in their highbrow Ikoyi, Lagos home.

The couple were alleged to have been having frequent squabbles which allegedly necessitated the wealthy woman to demand utmost privacy in her home.

He was forced to seek accommodation elsewhere. He allegedly lives alone within the same Ikoyi neighbourhood. Calls and text messages to him seeking clarification went unanswered.

Sources reveal that it has not all been smooth sailing for the couple these past few years and they have allegedly been forced to put up a united front because of their status in the society.

This latest development is coming barely five months after THEWILL exclusively reported that the former fashion designer and founder of FAMFA Oil Limited, an Oil and gas exploration business has allegedly been battling some health challenges particularly with her eyes.

Family and friends tried as much as they could to put a lid on it just as they tried to with her current marital status. Her health challenge became more pronounced when one of her sons tied the knot early last year and very unlike the Alakijas of old, there was little or no noise about the marriage ceremony.

During the wedding, the media was tactically controlled, photographers were not allowed to take pictures arbitrarily and anyone found doing so was asked to delete them. The planning of the wedding was on a need-to-know basis and guests who got the invitations were well scrutinized.

SOURCE

Advertisement

News

I Have No Blending Plant Outside Nigeria, NNPC Boss Kyari Replies Dangote

Published

on

By

The Group Chief Executive Officer, Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, Mele Kyari has said he does not own a blending plant outside Nigeria.

Kyari stated this on Tuesday, July 23, while reacting to claims that some officials of the NNPC have blending plants in Malta.

Reacting in a post on his X handle (formerly Twitter), Kyari said he had been inundated with calls from family members and friends, asking if he truly owns a blending plant in Malta.

Kyari stated that he does not own or operate any business directly or by proxy anywhere in the world except a local mini-agricultural venture.

He also said he is not aware of any employee of the NNPC that owns or operates a blending plant in Malta or anywhere else in the world.

“I am inundated by enquiries from family members, friends and associates on the public declaration by the President of Dangote Group that some NNPC workers have established a blending plant in Malta thereby impeding procurements from local production of Petroleum products.

“To clarify the allegations regarding the blending plant, I do not own or operate any business directly or by proxy anywhere in the world with the exception of a local mini Agric venture, neither am I aware of any employee of the NNPC, that owns or operates a blending plant in Malta or anywhere else in the world.

“A blending plant in Malta or any part of the world has no influence over NNPC’s business operations and strategic actions.”

The NNPC boss threatened to sanction any official of the NNPC involved in such acts if they truly exist.

 

Continue Reading

News

Just In: Shelve Planned Protest -Tinubu Begs Nigerians

Published

on

By

President Bola Tinubu has appealed to Nigerians to shelve planned protests against bad governance in the country, slated for next month.

The appeal was made known by Information Minister Mohammed Idris, who briefed State House correspondents after a meeting with the President on Tuesday.

Idris said Tinubu urged the organisers of the protest to shelve the plan and await the President’s response to their complaints.

“The issue of the planned protest, Mr President does not see any need for that. He’s asked them to shelve that plan. He’s asked them to await the government’s response to all their pleas,” the minister said.

The protest against economic hardship, which is gaining traction on social media, has been scheduled to hold across all states of the Federation as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, starting from August 1.

JomogNews reports that the prices of food and basic commodities have gone through the roof in the last months.

Many Nigerians currently are battling one of the country’s worst inflation and economic crisis sparked by the government’s twin policies of petrol subsidy removal and unification of forex windows.

Continue Reading

News

Tinubu Transmits New Minimum Wage Bill To National Assembly

Published

on

By

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Tuesday sent the Minimum Wage bill to the House of Representatives for consideration and passage into law.

Tinubu’s letter was read on the floor of the House, provides for a new national minimum wage as well as the legal framework for the implementation of the agreed wage.

In the letter, the president urged lawmakers to expedite the passage of the minimum wage bill to ensure immediate implementation for the benefit of Nigerian workers

Tinubu also sought the amendment to the Nigeria Police Act in accordance with section 58 of the 1999 Constitution as amended.

This is coming when Tinubu approved N70,000 as the new national minimum wage for workers.

This followed series of meetings between representatives of the Nigerian government and the organized labour.

However, lawmakers are expected to legalise the N70, 000 minimum wage.

Continue Reading

Trending