Connect with us

Entertainment

Video: Mr Ibu Was My Father’s Friend – Adopted Daughter, Jasmine

Jasmine Okafor, the adopted daughter of veteran actor John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu, has revealed the story of how she came to know the movie icon.

Published

on

Jasmine Okafor, the adopted daughter of veteran actor John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu, has revealed the story of how she came to know the movie icon.

Recently, Jasmine and Mr. Ibu’s son, Daniel Onyeabuchi, were arrested in Lagos for allegedly defrauding the actor of N55 million.

In a widely circulated video on the internet, Jasmine addressed the allegations and shared her side of the story.

She recounted how she met Mr. Ibu, who became a father figure to her after the death of her own father.

Jasmine shared her perspective on the incident on her YouTube channel, shedding light on the circumstances leading up to the arrest.

Despite facing challenging times, Jasmine expressed gratitude to God for her journey over the past three months.

She explained that while she initially hesitated to speak out, she felt compelled to share her truth as she believed she had been abused and used.

She stated: “I want to say thank you to everybody, especially those who had faith in me, believed in me, and patiently waited till this day for me to speak out.

“The past three months I can’t say it has been hell, but in every situation, I want to give thanks to God. I said I wasn’t going to talk about this issue until Daddy (Mr Ibu) gets back on his feet and glory to God he has been discharged and recuperating. A lot has happened and I would like to shed more light on how I got involved and how things got to this point.

“I am not talking because I need people to sympathize with me. I am talking because I feel like I have been abused, and used and I hope you guys are patient enough to listen to the entire story because it means a lot to me.

“My dad passed away so many years ago, he was in Nigerian army and was a good friend to Mr Ibu, who is now a father figure in my life. When my dad passed on, Mr Ibu was at the burial, and ever since then has played a father figure role in my life. Fast forward to 2018, I left the country, I left Nigeria to look for greener pastures, and from there I relocated to Cyprus where I was studying law.

“Fast forward to 2020, Mr Ibu started writing me on WhatsApp, requesting financial assistance and this was surprising to me because before I left, he was doing well and was almost at the peak of his career. He now opened up to me that he was sick and was in Abuja, while his wife was in Lagos I requested to call her and she told me he had left the house for over two years.

“I didn’t want to speak but things have gotten to a point that I have to speak my truth”.

“She captioned the video via her Instagram page with: “Thank you all for your patience, love, and prayers, during this trying period! I have declined lots and lots of interviews simply because I wanted to be able to tell my story exactly the way it happened, sequentially, with facts and evidence. I have uploaded the full video on my YouTube and I will be uploading more evidence there if need be. Obviously, in times like this silence isn’t golden, silence is consent. And I will never consent to allegations based on envy, sentiment, and zero fact, I will be posting bit by bit here.”

 

Entertainment

TikTok Star Peller Escapes Unhurt After Fire Guts Generator At Lagos Mansion

Published

on

By

Nigerian TikTok star and livestreamer Habeeb Hamzat, popularly known as Peller has narrowly escaped a fire incident at his new Lagos home in the early hours of Saturday.

The incident centered on his generator, which caught fire and was completely engulfed in flames.

Peller shared footage of the blaze on his Instagram page, appearing visibly shaken and calling for help as the fire raged.

The blaze, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, was eventually extinguished with buckets of water. While the generator was completely destroyed, the house and its occupants were unharmed.

In the footage, Peller appears visibly shaken as he calls for assistance to put out the flames.

He captioned the post, “This happen early this morning, my new generator almost burn down my new house, but God saved us, it take us over 30 minutes to off the fire, All I can say is God saved us”.

Fans and followers expressed relief in the comment section, attributing quick intervention for the fortunate outcome.

The incident followed a previous scare involving Peller on the Lekki-Epe Expressway, where he crashed his vehicle during a livestream.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Regina Daniels Speaks Out On Children’s Welfare Amid Separation From Husband Ned Nwoko

Published

on

By

Actress Regina Daniels has publicly expressed deep concern for the safety and welfare of her two sons, Prince Munir (Moon) and Prince Khalifa (Kharly), following her widely reported separation from her estranged husband, Senator Ned Nwoko.

In a message shared on her son’s school social media page, the actress commended the institution for its efforts and expressed pride in her son’s growth and achievements.

She also appealed to the school authorities to look after her children in her absence.

Regina described her son as the “blessed fruit of my womb,” assuring him of her unwavering prayers and constant watchfulness despite being away.

She wrote, “Oh my Moon! Blessed fruit of my womb! Mama is so proud! Grow in good health, my child! I will always watch and pray over you from afar. @LincolnAmericanAcademy I trust you to look after my babies well.”

Regina’s emotional statement came amid separation from estranged husband, Ned Nwoko and difficulty in having access to their children.

 

Continue Reading

Entertainment

2Baba Finally Addresses 2025 London Altercation With Wife Natasha Osawaru

Published

on

By

In recent a interview, music icon 2Baba (Innocent Idibia) has addressed the widely reported 2025 London altercation with his new wife, Natasha Osawaru, a member of the Edo State House of Assembly.

The music star made the revelation during an appearance on the Mic On podcast, where he spoke honestly about lessons learned from difficult moments in his life and career.

According to the father of six, there are several situations he wishes he had approached differently, especially those shaped by emotional pressure and stress.

While speaking on the podcast, 2Baba also revisited a controversial incident in London involving a disagreement with his wife, Natasha Osawaru, which led to his arrest in October 2025.

The singer took responsibility for the episode, admitting that his reaction at the time was fueled by anger.

“I was angry that day. It was an unfortunate incident,” the singer said.

He explained that managing personal challenges alongside public life has not always been easy, adding that some experiences have pushed him to reassess how he handles conflict and pressure.

The award-winning artiste further noted that emotional strain can sometimes cloud judgment, stressing that he now understands the importance of responding more carefully in tense situations.

“There are so many things I wish I could rewind and do better. As a human being, there are times when you are overwhelmed or don’t make the best decisions. My thick-skin is weaker now,” he said.

2Baba added that these life experiences have left him more reflective, teaching him valuable lessons about accountability, emotional control, and personal growth.

Continue Reading

Trending