Connect with us

News

Gov Bello Installs New Ohinoyi Of Ebiraland

Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has installed and presented a Staff of Office to the new Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, Alhaji Ahmed Tijani Mohammed Anaje.

Published

on

Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has installed and presented a Staff of Office to the new Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, Alhaji Ahmed Tijani Mohammed Anaje.

Recall that the Ohinoyi stool became vacant in October last year following the demise of 95-year-old Alhaji (Dr.) Ado Ibrahim.

Bello, while presenting the Staff of Office to the 49-year-old monarch on Thursday at the Ohinoyi Palace in Okene, Kogi Central Senatorial District, charged him to promote unity, development and greatness of the people.

The Governor, who said he was fulfilled by performing the all-important task of the appointment and installation of Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, charged the royal father to ensure the safety and security of the people and the land.

“I want to call on all of you, the sons and daughters of Ebiraland, that we should all come together and rally around our Ohinoyi of Ebiraland for the greatness of our land,” he said.

He said that God Almighty had chosen and enthroned Alhaji Anajeh out of the 70 eminently qualified contestants that applied to ascend the throne.

Bello appreciated the contestants for their sportsmanship and display of maturity, unity and comradeship throughout the process of selecting the new Ohinoyi of Ebiraland.

The governor charged the newly installed paramount ruler on inclusiveness saying, “Today, you don’t belong to any religion. You belong to both Islam and Christianity. You equally belong to those of us that believe in our culture.

“You don’t belong to only the former clan you belonged to. You belong to every clan that exists as far as Ebiraland is concerned. You belong to every district, every royal district that exists in Ebiraland.

“You must bring everybody together. I want to assure you that you are going to have the government of Ahmed Usman Ododo to support you and consolidate on all the successes that I have achieved in these eight years of my administration.

“I want to assure you that even after leaving office, I will be by your side to always render any helping hand and to support you.”

In his post installation speech, the new Ohinoyi Anaje, said he was humbled and honoured to be installed as the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland adding, “My heart is filled with a multitude of emotions, joy, determination to serve with integrity and a profound sense of gratitude.

“I extend my sincere gratitude to His Excellency, Governor Yahaya Bello, for his unwavering commitment to the overall development of Kogi State and well-being of Ebiraland.

“Your leadership and trust in our people have paved the way for this new dawn. My appreciation equally goes to His Excellency Alh. Usman Ahmed Ododo.”

Anaje held that the revival of Ajaokuta Steel Company and Itakpe Iron Ore Mining Company posed immense promise for Ebiraland and the nation’s economic future.

The Ohinoyi also implored the Federal Government to consider the establishment of the North Central Development Commission, NCDC.

SOURCE

News

Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack

Published

on

By

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.

During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.

The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.

Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.

According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.

During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.

A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.

While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.

“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”

Continue Reading

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

News

Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges

Published

on

By

Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.

 

 

The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.

 

 

According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:

 

Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.

 

She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.

 

She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.

 

Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.

 

Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.

The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

 

The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.

Statement from Maureen Badejo

Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.

 

 

“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.

 

 

However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.

Continue Reading

Trending