Connect with us

Sports

EPL Reacts To Death Of Queen Elizabeth II

Published

on

The English Premier League (EPL) on Thursday night expressed sadness over the death of Her Majesty The Queen, Elizabeth II.

In a tweet via EPL’s official Twitter handle, the English top-flight League condoled the Royal Family and everyone around the world mourning the loss of Queen Elizabeth II.

“The Premier League is deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Her Majesty The Queen, Elizabeth II.

“Our thoughts and condolences are with The Royal Family and everyone around the world mourning the loss of Her Majesty,” EPL tweeted.

The monarch’s death was announced by the Royal Family on Thursday, JomogNews reports.

Queen Elizabeth II died peacefully at the age of 96 at Balmoral.

Her eldest son, Charles, 73, succeeds the Queen as king with immediate effect.

Sports

Tyson Fury warns Anthony Joshua, gives him 48 hours to sign contract

Published

on

By

WBC champion, Tyson Fury, has told Anthony Joshua to sign the contract for their all-British heavyweight battle by Monday or the fight is off.

Fury is running out of patience as he waits for a response from Joshua’s representatives.

“We’ll know by Monday anyway (if the super-fight is on) because if it’s not done by Monday I’m moving on,” Fury told Queensberry.

Joshua’s camp has received a contract and talks between the rival promoters are believed to have gone well so far.

But time is of the essence if a major fight is to take place by early December.

“I was optimistic about three weeks ago but it shouldn’t be taking this long to sign a contract.

“I’m not waiting around for some guy who’s lost three of his last five fights. He’s lucky that I’m giving him a world title shot. If not he’ll have to wait a long time to get another one,” Fury added.

 

Continue Reading

Sports

Just In: Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo charged by FA

Published

on

By

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with ‘improper and/or violent conduct following the incident where he appeared to knock a mobile phone out of a supporter’s hand.

The incident happened at Everton’s Goodison Park after Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat last April.

Footage shared on social media showed the Portugal international appearing to smash a phone out of a young fan’s hand as he left the pitch and headed towards the tunnel.

Ronaldo was cautioned by police regarding the incident in August and later issued an apology to 14- year-old Jacob Harding on his Instagram account, admitting his emotions after such a damaging result had got the better of him.

United have announced they will be supporting their player in response to the charge.

A statement from the FA read: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United’s Premier League match against Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022.

‘It is alleged that the forward’s conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent.’

Continue Reading

Sports

Just In: Roger Federer Retires From Tennis

Published

on

By

The 41-year-old winner of 20 Grand Slam titles has been out of action since a quarter-final loss at Wimbledon in 2021.

Tennis legend, Roger Federer has announced his retirement.

The Swiss tennis legend Roger Federer will retire after next week’s Laver Cup.

He made the announcement on Thursday.

“The Laver Cup next week in London will be my final ATP event,” he said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.

The 41-year-old winner of 20 Grand Slam titles has been out of action since a quarter-final loss at Wimbledon in 2021 before undergoing another bout of knee surgery.

Details later…

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: