Connect with us

News

Airstrikes: Hundreds Of Boko Haram Fighters Flee To New Location

Published

on

Hundreds of Boko Haram fighters have reportedly fled Gaftari village to a new location in Bazamri, close to Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State, northeast Nigeria.

Gaftari village is located between Bama and Konduga local government areas of Borno State where military operations had hindered the operations of the terrorists recently.

The two local government areas are within a distance of 35km and 60km away from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

According to information from security sources, over 400 Boko Haram fighters and their families on Sunday night relocated to Bazamri after a massive defeat by troops of Operation Hadin Kai of the Nigerian Army.

A counter insurgency’ expert, Zagalola Makama informed DAILY POST last week that over 70 of the Boko Haram fighters were drowned in a river, after intense military airstrikes in Gaftari and Shehuri, two villages located between Bama and Konduga.

It was reported that the remaining terrorists, along with their families, relocated to a new settlement at Bazamri, few hours after they buried over 40 of their drowned members, who they had recovered from a river intersecting the village.

They were believed to have drowned in the river while escaping airstrikes, as most of them had already sustained injuries that were difficult to survive.

“They relocated to Bazamari, a bush located east of Konduga.

“They moved with their families numbering about 400 after admitting that they were defeated by the Nigerian Army,” a source with credible information told DAILY POST.

Advertisement

News

2023: Sit-At-Home Big Threat To Igbo Presidency – Group

Published

on

By

A group known as Pan Nigerian President of Igbo Extraction Coalition has warned the Indigenous People of Biafra and its factions that multiple sit-at-home orders could deprive the Igbo winning 2023 presidency.

This is contained in a statement jointly signed on Friday by the group’s Chairman, Rev Obinna Akukwe and the Secretary, Dr Pat Anyanwu.

According to PANPIEC, frustrated politicians would use the purported sit-at-home of February 24 to scuttle the aspirations for Igbo presidency and give the impression that the South-East voters were supporting the agitation for a Biafra state.

“PANPIEC is aware that some members of the Strategy Team are working behind the scenes for the release of Nnamdi KANU, details of which will be kept private.

“Therefore, any further multiple sit-at-home represents a multiple demarketing of the Igbo Presidency Project.

“PANPIEC advises Simon Ekpa, Commander of IPOB auto-pilot, to jettison his Biafra agitations till after the 2023 elections to enable teeming Igbo Youth to exercise their civic responsibilities.

“Igbo cannot be asking for Biafra and Igbo Presidency simultaneously.

“PANPIEC warns for the last time that the indiscriminate sit-at-home strikes fear into the minds of other stakeholders in the north favourably disposed to the Igbo Presidency.

“PANPIEC have received thousands of inquiries from concerned northern voters over the stance of Ndigbo on Biafra and warns that all the rumours of war are destabilizing the Igbo Presidency Project”, the group stated.

Continue Reading

News

Nasarawa Gov Sule Loses First Son, Hassan Sule

Published

on

By

Hassan, the first child of Nasarawa Governor Abdullahi Sule, is dead. Hassan, reported to have no health challenge, was full of life on Thursday and had useful engagement with friends, it was gathered.

He was said to have slumped around 9:30pm on Thursday before he was confirmed dead.

The Governor, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Ibrahim Addra, confirmed the incident.

According to him: “His Excellency Engr. Abdullahi Sule, Executive Governor of Nasarawa State on behalf of his family announces the sudden demise of his son Hassan Sule whose sad event occurred Thursday 26th January 2023 at the age of 36”

Hassan was laid to rest in Gudi, Akwanga Local Government Area on Friday.

 

Continue Reading

News

Frank MBA, Idowu Owohunwa Become Lagos, Ogun Police Commissioners

Published

on

By

The Nigerian Inspector General of Police (IGP), Alkali Baba on Tuesday approved the redeployment of two commissioners of police to Lagos and Ogun States respectively.

Frank Mba, a former spokesman of the Nigerian Police Force is returning to Lagos where he served as Police PRO for many years.

Also recommended to the PSC to take over as Commissioner of Police, Ogun State, is CP Idowu Owohunwa.

While CP Frank Mba, former Force Public Relations Officer, is the current Commissioner of Police in charge Federal Border Patrol branch at the department of operations, CP Owohunwa is currently the Principal Staff Officer (PSO) to the Inspector General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba.

This was stated in a letter dated January 24, 2023, and signed by Hafiz Inuwa, the Assistant Inspector-General of Police to the Police Service Commission (PSC).

According to the letter, the postings are part of a strategy being put in place by the IGP to strengthen the strategic and operational readiness of the Police force in Lagos and Ogun commands.

It reads, “I am directed to humbly write and forward the proposed posting of the under-mentioned commissioners of police to State Commands indicated against their names for the Commission’s kind consideration and approval”.

“The Inspector General of Police is deploying the under-mentioned Commissioners of Police to strengthen the strategic and operational control of the commands.”

 

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: