Football super agent, who represented Paul Pogba and Erling Haaland, Mino Raiola has passed away at the age of 54, following a period of illness.
A statement from the Raiola family on the Italian’s Twitter page confirmed his death on Saturday afternoon.
“In infinite sorrow we share the passing of the most caring and amazing Football Agent that ever was,” the Italian’s family said in a message on Twitter.
“Mino fought until the end with the same strength he put on negotiation tables to defend our players. As usual, Mino made us proud and never realised it.
“Mino touched so many lives through his work and wrote a new chapter in the history of modern football. His presence will forever be missed.
“Mino’s mission of making football a better place for players will continue with the same passion.
“We thank everybody for the huge amount of support received during these difficult times and ask for respect for the privacy of family and friends in this moment of grief.”
— Mino Raiola (@MinoRaiola) April 30, 2022
On Thursday, Raiola was forced to take to social media to address his state of health after widespread reports emerged from his native Italy prematurely announced his death.
Tyson Fury warns Anthony Joshua, gives him 48 hours to sign contract
WBC champion, Tyson Fury, has told Anthony Joshua to sign the contract for their all-British heavyweight battle by Monday or the fight is off.
Fury is running out of patience as he waits for a response from Joshua’s representatives.
“We’ll know by Monday anyway (if the super-fight is on) because if it’s not done by Monday I’m moving on,” Fury told Queensberry.
Joshua’s camp has received a contract and talks between the rival promoters are believed to have gone well so far.
But time is of the essence if a major fight is to take place by early December.
“I was optimistic about three weeks ago but it shouldn’t be taking this long to sign a contract.
“I’m not waiting around for some guy who’s lost three of his last five fights. He’s lucky that I’m giving him a world title shot. If not he’ll have to wait a long time to get another one,” Fury added.
Just In: Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo charged by FA
Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with ‘improper and/or violent conduct following the incident where he appeared to knock a mobile phone out of a supporter’s hand.
The incident happened at Everton’s Goodison Park after Manchester United’s 1-0 defeat last April.
Footage shared on social media showed the Portugal international appearing to smash a phone out of a young fan’s hand as he left the pitch and headed towards the tunnel.
Ronaldo was cautioned by police regarding the incident in August and later issued an apology to 14- year-old Jacob Harding on his Instagram account, admitting his emotions after such a damaging result had got the better of him.
United have announced they will be supporting their player in response to the charge.
A statement from the FA read: ‘Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United’s Premier League match against Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022.
‘It is alleged that the forward’s conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent.’
Just In: Roger Federer Retires From Tennis
The 41-year-old winner of 20 Grand Slam titles has been out of action since a quarter-final loss at Wimbledon in 2021.
Tennis legend, Roger Federer has announced his retirement.
The Swiss tennis legend Roger Federer will retire after next week’s Laver Cup.
He made the announcement on Thursday.
“The Laver Cup next week in London will be my final ATP event,” he said in a statement posted on his Twitter account.
The 41-year-old winner of 20 Grand Slam titles has been out of action since a quarter-final loss at Wimbledon in 2021 before undergoing another bout of knee surgery.
Why NLC, TUC Must Protect Nigeria’s Democracy – Obasa
Just In: Supreme Court affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke as PDP candidate
Breaking: I won’t appeal judgement barring me from senatorial poll — Lawan
Tinubu absent as Obi, Atiku, other presidential candidates sign peace accord
BREAKING: Catholic Diocese Of Enugu Lifts Ban On Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry
PCC: Adamu Writes Tinubu As Crisis Festers In APC
Soludo reacts to killing of soldiers in Anambra, assures arrest of perpetrators
Atiku Most Prepared Candidate For Nigeria’s Presidency – Ex-VP Sambo
Over 20 Persons Burnt To Death As Explosion Rocks Kogi
APC: Amaechi Bound To Reject Membership Of Tinubu Campaign Council – Insider
Security & Crime1 day ago
Video: Two Dead, Many Injured In Lagos Transport Workers’ Fracas
Security & Crime2 days ago
POLICE ARREST TRAFFIC ROBBERS ON IKORODU ROAD
Politics1 day ago
2023: Bloomberg Polls Puts Peter Obi Ahead Of Atiku, Tinubu
News2 days ago
Dethroned Lagos Monarch Who Faked Kidnap Jailed 15 Years
News1 day ago
Photos: Obasa, Others Storm Pen Cinema Bridge, Work Commences On Failed Portion
Politics2 days ago
Ex-SGF, Babachir Lawal distances self from PDP, quits politics with Buhari in 2023
Celebrities2 days ago
Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Demoted On Royal Family Website
Politics1 day ago
PDP Crisis: Wike, Ortom, Makinde, two other govs shun campaign inauguration