Connect with us

News

IPOB Reacts To Chike Akunyili’s Assassination, Reveals Those Who Killed Him

Published

on

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) says those who killed the husband of late former Minister of Information, Prof Dora Akunyili, are the ones contesting for Anambra governorship elections.

In a statement signed by its spokesperson, Emma Powerful, the proscribed group alleged that those who poisoned the late Dora are responsible for Chike’s death.

The group revealed that the killers who poisoned the former Director-General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration Control (NAFDAC) did so for exposing the death of former President Umaru Yar’Adua.

It also said it had no hands in the wanton killings of the members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Anambra on Monday.

Recall that a Lagos APC Chieftain and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s aide, Joe Igbokwe, alleged that IPOB was responsible for the killings in Anambra state.

The pro-Biafra group in the statement said, “We have several times raised the alarm that some cruel politicians are hiding under the cloak of the situation in Biafra land to eliminate their political enemies and blame it on IPOB. Yeah

“We don’t know why wicked politicians especially in Imo and Anambra States will choose to slaughter their opponents and turn around and point accusing fingers at IPOB or the operatives of Eastern Security Network ESN.

“Politicians should leave us alone and settle their scores. No IPOB member or ESN operative is involved in such barbarity. Restoration of Biafra is our mandate!”

It also stated that it has no interest in the politics of the region.

“Our position on Anambra election will be made public at the right time through our normal channels of information dissemination. Anything to the contrary should be disregarded.

“Members of the public should stop believing social media fake stories purported to have emanated from IPOB. We are an organised movement and we don’t hide our position on any matter,” it continued.

On Akunyili’s murder, IPOB said, “Those who killed Dora Akunyili husband killed his wife with poison from Fulani because she exposed the death of Yar’Adua for Goodluck Jonathan to take over President of failed Nigeria.

“They know themselves. Those conspired to poisoned Prof. Dora Akunyili, they’re contesting governorship election in Anambra State today. We have no issues with Chike Akunyili and we don’t know him, those behind this act must stop this and stop using IPOB’s name.

“We don’t want anybody to blame IPOB because we must get them. This is pure political assassination going on in Anambra State now. And it has been perfected by NIGERIA. DSS security agents are doing this to paint IPOB back in the face of support and encouragement we are getting from our people.

“We know their plans and gimmick to discourage Biafrans who are encouraging and supporting us but it can’t work for them, in the near future those committing these atrocities in Imo and Anambra States will hear from IPOB and our people should not blame us because we must get them.”

 

News

EndSARS: CNN, Amnesty International Must Apologise To FG -Lai Mohammed

Published

on

By

The Federal Government has demanded an apology from Amnesty International, CNN and DJ Switch for misleading the world that there was a massacre at the Lekki Toll Gate on Oct. 20, 2020.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed made this demand on the occasion of the first year anniversary of the famous #EndSARS protests in Nigeria.

According to the Minister who spoke during a press conference in Abuja on Wednesday, CNN, Amnesty, and DJ Switch are all guilty of spreading fake news.

Mohammed maintained that there was no massacre of Nigerian youths at the Lekki Toll Gate incident during the protest last year and the trio mentioned only gave false and misleading reports.

The Minister insisted a professional analysis of what transpired at the Lekki Toll Gate revealed that the military didn’t massacre anyone while if truly there was any killing as widely reported, the families of the victims and those affected would have appeared with evidence before the Judicial Panel of Inquiry.

Not done, Lai Mohammed further accused the trio of spreading ‘tales by moonlight’ about what he described as the phantom killings at the Lekki Toll Gate during the EndSARS protests last year.

He said: “…During the sitting, CNN was summoned but it never showed up, thus missing a great opportunity to prove its allegation of massacre at the toll gate. Also, Amnesty International had a golden opportunity to convince the world, but it rather opted for issuing meaningless press releases.”

“In its latest attempt to grasp at straws and redeem whatever is left of its battered credibility on this issue, CNN has continued with its baseless report that soldiers shot at protesters. In a report currently running on the network, CNN brazenly and unashamedly held on to its flawed narrative, relying on an unidentified mother whose son was reportedly shot dead at Lekki, but without convincing evidence of who shot him dead. The same CNN that tweeted on Oct. 23rd 2020 that 38 people were shot dead at Lekki is now struggling to convince the world that one boy was killed at Lekki. What a shame!”

“The testimony of ballistic experts before the Judicial Panel of Inquiry in Lagos contradicts the tales by the moonlight by Amnesty International, CNN, a runaway DJ, and their ilk.”

 

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: Police Arrest #EndSARSMemorial Protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

By

Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested two protesters at the Lekki tollgate where the #EndSARS Memorial Protest is scheduled to hold in the state today.

One of those arrested claimed to be a journalist while the other was seen carrying a placard.

The police had reportedly warned that anyone seen at the tollgate without an ID card will be arrested.

The arrested journalist told newsmen that he works with LegitTV and that his phone, driver’s license and other documents were taken away from him.

Speaking from a Lagos State Task Force van where he was kept by the police, the journalist who identified himself as Abisola stated that he lost his ID card in transit.

About 30 police trucks and armed personnel are currently at the tollgate to enforce a ban on protests issued by the police command.

A car procession in honour of those believed to have lost their lives at the tollgate when soldiers dispersed #EndSARS protesters on October 20, 2020, is scheduled to hold at the tollgate today.

What #EndSARS protests were about

The #EndSARS protests which were held in October 2020 were against the activities of the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad, a unit of the Nigeria Police Force which was accused of police brutality.

The epicentre of the protests was the Lekki tollgate in Lagos where many youths gathered day and night to air their grievances against police brutality and bad governance.

They were dispersed from the location by gun-wielding soldiers on October 20, 2020, an action which some quarters believe led to the loss of lives.

This was followed by the destruction of private and public properties by hoodlums in Lagos, an incident that informed the latest warning issued by the police in the state.

PUNCH

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Police Threaten To Punish Inspector For Voting At APC Congress

Published

on

By

The Zone 1 Command of the Nigeria Police Force, Kano, on Tuesday said its attention had been drawn to a trending picture on the social media, of a police inspector casting his vote at the Kano State congress of the All Progressives Congress alongside his principal, the state party chairman, Alhaji Abdullahi Abbas.

A statement by the Zonal Public Relations Officer, DSP Abubakar Ambursa, added that the inspector had been identified as Bashir Mohammed of the Special Protection Unit, Base 1, Kano.

According to the statement, the Inspector is attached to the Government House, Kano, from where he was deployed to work with Abbas as a security aide.

“In view of this seemingly unprofessional conduct of the inspector, the AIG (Assistant Inspector General of Police) has referred the matter to the Zonal X-Squad for investigation.

“If the inspector is found to have committed the offence, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against him,” the statement said.

The police assured members of the public that further development on the matter would be communicated.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: