Connect with us

Foreign News

Richard Okorogheye: Police Find Body In Search For Missing Student

Published

on

THE body of a man was found on Monday, in a pond in Epping Forest, Essex where Richard Okorogheye a student at Oxford Brookes University was last seen before reported missing.

Richard Okorogheye who was last seen since he left home in the Ladbroke Grove area of west London on the evening of Monday, March, 22.

The 19-year-old who has sickle cell disease was last seen on CCTV in Loughton, Essex, in the early hours of Tuesday, March 23, walking towards Epping Forest.

He was also last seen boarding the number 23 bus, southbound, in Ladbroke Grove, Kensington.

As the issue became more serious for the Nigerian family, officers and police dogs searched the forest for four days. However, nothing of relevance to the investigation was found, Met Police.

They also invited Specialist police divers to join the search in Epping Forest.
Mr. Okorogheye was last seen dressed all in black with a white Adidas logo across his lower back and had a black satchel bag.

On Saturday the Metropolitan Police issued a fresh appeal, urging Mr. Okorogheye to contact the force or someone he trusts.

Detective Superintendent Danny Gosling, head of the Met’s Central West Public Protection Unit, said: “People can go missing from home for any of number of reasons.

“Our job is not to cast judgment but to work to find them and bring them home safely.

“My message to Richard is clear: Our only concern is your safety. You are not in trouble and have done nothing wrong.

“If you read or hear this message we would ask you to contact us, or someone you trust, to let us know you are safe. Your loved ones, and many other people who you do not even know, are very concerned.

“I would also like to thank the public for their continued support in sharing our appeals, checking doorbell and dashcam footage, and passing on any information.

“As our efforts to find Richard continue, the eyes and ears of ordinary members of the public will be essential tools in our search.”

His mother, Nurse Evidence Joel said her son, who had been shielding during the pandemic had struggled with his online studies.

Ms Joel recalled him saying he was going to visit a friend, although none of them have seen him, telling her to drive safe and that he would “see me later”, she told the website.

She told the MyLondon website: “Richard has never done anything like this. “Something has gone wrong.”

According to her, Richard left home at about 8.30 pm saying he was going to meet a friend but left his wallet, jacket, and medication behind.

“All he said to me was ‘mummy, I’m going to see my friend’. I trusted him, I had no doubt or no reason to ask him further questions,” she said.

She returned home from a nursing shift at around 9pm and assumed he was in his room.
She cooked him a meal but found he was not there when she knocked on his door and he did not answer his telephone.

The alarm was raised after a locksmith helped her gain entry to the room which was empty but Richard’s wallet, bus pass and bank card were left behind.

Speaking to The Guardian, Joel, said waiting for information about her son’s whereabouts has been ‘hell’.

She told the paper that, ‘Every day is a nightmare for me now.

‘I feel completely helpless. Helpless, and also, sorry to use this word, but I feel useless.

Because I want to go out there, to do something to look for him, search for him, anything.

‘But I can’t’, she said of needing to remain at home in case he makes contact.

On Monday, 5th April, the Police looking for missing west London student, Richard Okorogheye found the body of a man in a pond in Epping Forest.

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “On the afternoon of Monday, 5 April, the Met was informed by colleagues from Essex Police that the body of a man had been found in a pond in Epping Forest. “Enquiries are underway to identify the body.
“Detectives investigating the disappearance of 19-year-old Richard Okorogheye are aware. Richard’s family are being supported by specially trained officers and kept updated with developments.
“Officers remain at the scene and enquiries continue.”

Police said further inquiries have established that he then took a taxi journey from the W2 area of London to a residential street in Loughton.

He was captured on CCTV walking alone on Smarts Lane, Loughton, towards Epping Forest at 12.39am on Tuesday March 23.

On Thursday, the force said Mr Okorogheye’s phone has not been in use since his disappearance.

 

Advertisement
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Foreign News

Mystery After Woman Who ‘Gave Birth To 10 Babies’ Goes Missing As Government Issue Appeal

Published

on

By

A woman who stunned the world when she reportedly gave birth to ten babies has gone missing, according to the supposed dad of the babies.

Tebogo Tsotetsi says he no longer believes that his girlfriend, Gosiame Thamara Sithole, gave birth to their children.

On June 7 Gosiame became a sensation after it was reported that she gave birth to seven boys and three girls through C-section in Pretoria, South Africa.

Pictures of the babies, who were said to have been conceived naturally and arrived after 29 weeks, and their proud mum were shared online.

But after the government and hospitals questioned the multiple birth, Tebogo Tsotetsi’s suspicions grew and he has now concluded that the “decuplets” do not exist.

The disappointed dad released a statement on Tuesday, June 15, apologising for any “inconvenience and embarrassment” and said that his family has “concluded there are no decuplets”.

According to News24, a missing person case has been opened to locate the missing woman and bring her home safely.

Tebogo Tsotetsi’ statement read: “He (Tsotetsi) made several attempts to visit his girlfriend and the babies but she has failed to disclose her whereabouts and the condition of their babies.

“The current uncertainties and public discourse about the decuplets is of major concern to the family, especially in the absence of any proof of the decuplets existence other than telephonic and WhatsApp messages from the mother.

“The family has resolved and concluded that there are no decuplets born between Tebogo Tsotetsi and Gosiame Sithole, until proven otherwise and wishes to apologise for any inconvenience and embarrassment.”

Gosiame and partner Tebogo Tsotets already have a pair of twins together so the additional ten babies would have brought their kids to 12.

Doctors initially believed Gosiame was expecting six babies, and Tebogo said at the time that he found even that unbelievable.

Family spokesman Russell Baloyi told Times Live: “We realised that as messy as the situation was for the country, given the conflicting statements that have been coming out, it’s about time we put this thing to rest and work on the facts.

“The whereabouts of the mother are still unknown. In terms of the pregnancy, the reality of it was that the mother was pregnant.”

 

Continue Reading

Foreign News

Joe Biden In Fresh Trouble As 120 Retired Military Officers Pass Vote Of No Confidence on His Mental Health

Published

on

By

A group of more than 120 retired military officers have written President Joe Biden a letter to tell him his election was illegitimate while raising questions about his mental acuity.

The letter talks about former US President Donald Trump’s claims of widespread election fraud and comes a day after Rep. Liz Cheney was voted out of the Republican party leadership for criticisms of Trump for still peddling claims of electoral fraud.

The letter from the group which calls itself ‘Flag Officers 4 America’ and consists of retired military officers including generals and admirals reads:

‘Without fair and honest elections that accurately reflect the ‘will of the people’ our Constitutional Republic is lost,’

‘The FBI and Supreme Court must act swiftly when election irregularities are surfaced and not ignore them as was done in 2020,’ they wrote.

The letter, called an ‘Open Letter from Retired Generals and Admirals,’ was first reported by Politico.

The letter buttresses Trump’s claims that absentee ballots are not secure.

‘Election integrity demands insuring there is one legal vote cast and counted per citizen. Legal votes are identified by State Legislature’s approved controls using government IDs, verified signatures, etc,’ they write.

‘Today, many are calling such commonsense [voter ID] controls “racist” in an attempt to avoid having fair and honest elections. Using racial terms to suppress proof of eligibility is itself a tyrannical intimidation tactic,’ they write.

The retired officers raise doubts about Biden’s mental capacity – and reference Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s move to get assurances about the nuclear codes in the days after the January 6 MAGA riot.

‘The mental and physical condition of the Commander in Chief cannot be ignored. He must be able to quickly make accurate national security decisions involving life and limb anywhere, day or night,’ they write.

‘Recent Democrat leadership’s inquiries about nuclear code procedures sends a dangerous national security signal to nuclear armed adversaries, raising the question about who is in charge. We must always have an unquestionable chain of command.’

The group pledged to support and defend the Constitution of the US against all enemies, foreign and domestic.’

 

Continue Reading

Foreign News

Bloomberg Removes Bill Gates From Billionaire List After Divorce

Published

on

By

Bill Gates, one of the world’s richest men has been removed from Bloomberg’s billionaire list after news of his divorce from Melinda Gates.

The business platform took the action shortly after news of Gates divorce to his wife of 27 years went viral.

Before being taken off the list, Gates was fourth on the index with a net worth of $145 billion, having gained over $13 billion in 2021 alone.

Financial details of their parting ways are not yet clear but Melinda may take half of her estrange husband’s wealth.

An unmarried Gates became the youngest American Billionaire in 1987, a record he held until Mark Zuckerberg, the Facebook founder came to the billionaire status in 2007.

He got married to Melinda in 1994, after already being named the richest man in America. They have three children together.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: