Connect with us

Security & Crime

Tragic: Pregnant wife of Edo politician allegedly raped and murdered in Benin (photo/video)

Published

on

Mrs Queen Igbinevbo, the pregnant wife of Comrade Promise Igbinevbo has died after she was raped and murdered at home.

Mrs Igbinevbo was alone at her home in Benin when her attackers gained entrance into the home through the ceiling.

A source who spoke to LIB said the intruders had come in search of her husband, Comrade Promise Igbinevbo, who is a Governorship Campaign Coordinator. However, when they didn’t find him at home on May 20, 2020, they raped and murdered his wife.

Mrs Queen, who is known as a very religious woman in her neighbourhood, was discovered by neighbours who were worried that they have not seen her in a while.

A source said: “When we could not see Queen, I came to check if she was fine, because she lives alone, we met her naked, blood and foam was coming out of her mouth. There was semen all over her body.

“We had to call her husband who is staying in another place.”

The source who spoke to LIB said neighbours reported seeing strange men walking up and down the street just days before the tragic incident.

The murder of Queen Igbinevbo sparked a demonstration in Benin. On Friday, June 5, protesters took to Edo State Police Command to demand justice for the deceased.

The source who spoke to LIB said three people have been arrested in relation to Mrs Queen Igbinevbo’s brutal murder.

Pregnant wife of Edo politician is raped and murdered in Benin, sparking protest (photo/video)

Below is a video of the protest.

Credit: LIB

Advertisement

Security & Crime

End Of The Road For 9 Billionaire Kidnappers In Lagos

Published

on

By

After the arrest of the notorious kidnap kingpin, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly known as Evans in 2017 following his seven years of high-profile abductions across the country, during which he collected millions of dollars in ransoms, nobody knew that another dreaded gang would spring up soon after.

New tactics

This time around, this gang of daring kidnappers took over from him and concentrated more on the Centre of Excellence, Lagos. The gang members operated freely for over a year and specialised in targeting their victims who are usually stupendously rich and they end up collecting ransom in both naira and dollars.

Their areas of operation included Ago Palace Way, Isolo, Okota, the popular auto spare parts market, Ladipo; Festac and other environs. Police sources said they always disappear through the Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, meander through the ever-busy Second Rainbow Bus stop and Apple Junction and end up in a yet-to-be-known enclave.

From here they will negotiate the ransom for their victim before relocating out of the city. The difference in their mode of operation is that apart from being based outside Lagos, they always insist in collecting not less than N1 billion or their victim will be killed. They also threaten to kill their victims should information about them leak to the police.

Waterloo

The good news at the moment is that the gang last week met its Waterloo in the Ladipo area of Lagos. This was after the gangsters targeted a very rich international businessman and were on the verge of kidnapping him. Their evil plot was foiled by eagle-eyed policemen from the Commissioner of Police Special Squad who confronted them and killed nine of them.

Recovered from them were four AK-47 rifles, four locally-made semi-automatic pistols, nine AK47 magazines, three walkie-talkies, one POS machine and a loudspeaker. Two of their operational vehicles: a black Toyota 4Runner and a blue Lexus RX350, were also recovered. However, two of the suspects narrowly escaped by disappearing into the large crowd keenly watching the shootout that ensued between the heavily armed kidnappers and the police.

Intelligence report received

The scenario which played out like a Hollywood movie was clinically executed by detectives from Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja who were reportedly drilled and selected by the Commissioner of Police, Adegoke Fayoade.

They had embarked on the assignment after receiving intelligence reports about the deadly operations of the gang of kidnappers in and around Lagos for a long. Remarkably, three Commissioners of Police during their respective tenures in the state also raised police teams to confront and neutralise the same gang but did not succeed in rounding them up. Rather, they only succeeded in curtailing their activities.

Records of kidnap cases

Police records showed that the gang made up of trigger-happy shooters kidnapped a businessman on April 10, 2023, in the Ikotun area of the state around 4 pm and the victim paid $8000 as ransom. The gang which in most cases, carried out its operations with a Lexus 350 SUV and 4 Runner jeep kidnapped another businessman same date around 11.30 pm at Ago Okota using the same vehicles and later collected a ransom of N5m.

On April 23, 2023, the gang struck again and this time, they went for a popular millionaire who sells assorted drinks at Ago Okota and kidnapped him.

He reportedly paid not less than a billion naira, but the family hid it from the police on account of threats from the kidnappers. The same thing happened to another rich businessman at Ikotun the same day as they were fleeing from the scene with their victim. The businessman was returning from his farm in Ogun State when they accosted and kidnapped him.

They later collected ransom in three tranches of $6000 and $3,600. They wrapped up their operation that day by abducting another businessman man few metres from the same area in Ikotun and he paid N8m as ransom.

Ransom payments galore

It was also gathered that on August 18, 2023, at Ago Palace Way, members of the gang kidnapped another businessman and collected N120m; the following day they struck at Gowon Estate and their victim paid an undisclosed huge amount of money before he was released.

Then, on November 29 same year, around 8.45 pm, they kidnapped another businessman at Apple Junction and collected N6m as ransom. Three days later, they abducted another businessman at Ikotun with the same operational vehicles and collected a ransom of N24m.

From there, they moved to Isolo and abducted another victim who reportedly paid a huge amount of money as ransom also.

Xmas bonus

While preparing for Christmas that year, they also struck at the popular Ladipo Auto Spare Parts market and collected N100 million from their male victim. The gang opened the New Year in 2024 by striking at Ikotun and collecting N120m from their victim.

Notably, while they were freely carrying out their operations, the police were on their trail and all efforts made to round them up failed. However, police sources said they continued to follow up on their trail and they discovered that they always carry out operations with a Toyota $ Runner Jeep and a Lexus 350 SUV.

It was also discovered that they always carried out their operations dressed in camouflage military uniform, and once they picked their victims, they took them out of Lagos and when they wanted to release them after payment of ransom, they dropped them at any point in Ogun State or in some cases at Governor’s Road, Ikotun.

Sources said that this trend continued and police were oblivious to their operations until an intelligence report informed detectives that the gang that left Lagos a long time ago was back and was using the same vehicles.

The source said they thought the coast was clear for them to operate after disappearing from Lagos for long. Their last criminal rendezvous took place at the ever-busy Ojekunle street inside Ladipo market where they had perfected plans to kidnap a very rich businessman in the market with the hope of collecting not less than N1b from him.

How the bubble bursts

Vanguard learned that a friend of the rich businessman was earlier kidnapped and he paid a huge amount of money. He reportedly confided in his friend that they were also planning to abduct him and their target is N1 billion.

Based on intelligence information, it was gathered that the Commissioner of Police personally mobilised specially trained operatives with skills in operational shooting and detailed the officer in charge of his special squad, CSP Kehinde Oni, to swing into action and confront the daredevil kidnappers frontally, banking on the concept of Silence, Speed and Surprise, SSS.

The showdown

Sources said as expected, the kidnappers arrived at the scene in their usual vehicles and on seeing a decoy placed by the detectives, they started shooting frantically, not knowing that the whole area was cordoned off by heavily armed policemen. The first shot they fired, according to sources, made detectives to identify them with their vehicles and a shootout that lasted for over three hours ensued.

During the intensive shooting that reverberated all over the area, nine of the kidnappers were neutralised while two escaped with bullet wounds by disappearing into the crowd. Reports said detectives avoided gunning the fleeing gang members so as not to hit the wrong targets. Bullets from the kidnappers’ weapons hit the engine of one police vehicle and also hit a policeman in the jaw. He had since been treated and discharged.

So far, detectives are on the trail of other fleeing members of the gang and they have concluded plans to raid their hideouts, including the homes of their dead kingpin whom information revealed was married to four wives and built mansions for them in one of the states in the South-Eastern part of the country.

SOURCE

Continue Reading

Security & Crime

Gunmen Abduct Two Journalists, Family Members In Kaduna

Published

on

By

Gunmen have abducted Abdulgafar Alabelewe and Abdulraheem Aodu, journalists with The Nation and Blueprint newspapers respectively, in Kaduna.

The abduction occurred on Saturday at Danhonu community, in the Millennium City area of Kaduna, around 10pm.

Alabelewe, chair of the correspondents’ chapel of the Nigeria Union Journalists (NUJ), was abducted alongside his wife and two children.

Aodu was also taken with his wife. Both journalists are neighbours.

Taofeeq Olayemi, a relation of the Blueprint journalist, confirmed the incident on Sunday.

Olayemi said the gunmen forced their way in by breaking through doors and windows to take their victims.

“Initially, they picked Alhaji Abdulgafar, his wife, three of his children and a girl staying with him,” he said.

“But the girl was later asked to return with one of the children and they went away.

“They entered Abdulgafar’s house through the fence, forced his bedroom open and picked him, his wife and two of their children and left immediately.”

Mansir Hassan, spokesperson of the Kaduna police command, is yet to comment on the incident.

 

Continue Reading

Security & Crime

Bandits Demand N300m To Free Abducted Kaduna Judge, Kill Eldest Son

Published

on

By

Suspected bandits, who kidnapped a female judge identified as Janet Galadima, and her four children in Kaduna State, have demanded for N300m, after killing her eldest son.

The judge and her sons were reportedly abducted at their residence in the Mahuta area of Kaduna on 23 June.

The kidnappers, numbering up to 15, stormed the residence of the judge at night when her husband, Dr. Musa Gimba Dutse, a medical doctor, was away on duty.

However, a human rights lawyer, and Chief Executive Officer of the House of Justice, Gloria Ballason, on Wednesday, confirmed in a statement that the kidnappers have threatened to kill her remaining sons if the ransom was not paid in time.

Ballason said the abductors killed the 14-year-old son of the judge in captivity when the family couldn’t pay the demanded ransom.

According to her, the boy, identified as Victor Gimba, the first son of the judge, was shot dead on July 2.

“The abductors, reported to have been about 15, took their captives hostage and demanded a huge sum as ransom.

“On Tuesday, July 2, 2024, the terrorists shot dead Victor Gimba, the first child of the judge, when the ransom demanded could not be obtained,” she said.

She also called for the protection of the judge and her family, urging the government, the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), and security agencies to take urgent action and ensure the judge and her children are rescued.

Similarly, the state chapter of the Nigeria Medical Association has issued a statement condemning the incident, while urging the security agencies to rise to the occasion.

NMA’s Public Relations Officer, Dr Shuaibu Joga, expressed shock that the first son was killed to force payment of the said sum.

He said the NMA would be calling for an emergency SEC meeting on Thursday and a press conference to further call on the authorities to expedite action on securing their immediate release and also for the release of their other doctors kidnapped 6 months ago.

“Following the incident, we visited the husband and interacted with him and he informed us that the kidnappers had made a demand of N300 million to secure their release.

“While the security agencies had been informed and negotiations with the kidnappers were ongoing, we received the shocking news today that the first son was killed to force payment of the said sum.

“In response, we are calling for an emergency SEC meeting today and a press conference to further call on the authorities to expedite action on securing their immediate release and also the release of our other doctor kidnapped 6 months ago.

“We call for calm from members and request all to stay safe while we engage the necessary security organs to end this needless wanton evil,” he said.

As of the time of filing this report, there was no official statement from the state government or the state police command.

Continue Reading

Trending