News
Ajimobi reportedly hospitalised in Lagos for Coronavirus infection, wife ill too
Ex-gov has ‘serious difficulty in breathing,’ on ventilator.
Immediate past governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, is currently receiving “serious medical attention” at a cardiology hospital in Lagos State, over what has been diagnosed to be Coronavirus infection.
Exclusive Press gathered that Ajimobi was rushed to the hospital in the early hours of last week Tuesday after his health condition deteriorated in the middle of the night, causing panic in the family.
Ajimobi and his wife have been in their Lagos residence for a couple of weeks, with the former governor only dashing in, in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, to hold court with his lieutenants and political associates.
It was learnt from a source close to his friends in Lagos that the former governor had woken up early on the fateful day to urinate and upon his return from the bathroom, fell on his bed and became unconscious.
His wife, Florence Ajimobi, who was with him, was said to have quickly called on the security details in the house for help.
A security source told Exclusive Press that the security details attached to the former governor, on seeing his condition, rushed him from his room to the car on the ground floor and ferried him to the hospital.
Exclusive Press scooped from hospital sources that the tests so far carried out on the Deputy National Chairman (South) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) showed a problem with his lungs.
He was said to have had “serious difficulty” in breathing, following which he was said to have been attached to a ventilator at the hospital where Mallam Abba Kyari, the late Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, was also hospitalised.
A ventilator is a machine that pumps oxygen-rich air into human lungs and helps them breathe out carbon dioxide, a dangerous gas the body needs to get rid of.
It was learnt that Ajimobi had been complaining of fatigue for a couple of weeks, prompting his physicians to advise him to rest.
It was further gathered his wife, Florence, is also ill and was being diagnosed for possible Coronavirus infection, as of the time of this report.
The news of Ajimobi’s hospitalisation is generating huge sympathy from the political circle, as some top notch APC leaders, Senator, Representatives from the state and outside are meeting and praying for the recovery of their leader.
Source City News

News
Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.
NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.
The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)
In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.
The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
News2 days agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
