Connect with us

News

Mechanic impregrates mother and defiles two teenage daughters in Lagos

Published

on

A 35-year-old mechanic identified as Monsuru Adesina, on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, confessed to impregnating a woman and defiling two of her daughters.

The unfortunate incident which happened at Iju Station area of Lagos State, Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government, had many residents lamenting.

Adesina who was nabbed by youths of the area afterwards, confessed to having canal knowledge of the teenage victims, saying it was with the consent of their mother and that he was only trying to help.

The victims said Adesina, 35, defiled both of them to the knowledge of their mother who’s four months pregnant for the suspect. [Pulse]
The victims said Adesina, 35, defiled both of them to the knowledge of their mother who’s four months pregnant for the suspect.
During an interaction with the teenagers aged between 13 and 19, Pulse learnt that Adesina tricked them to believe that if they don’t have sex with him, their brother who was ill will never get well, and one of them will run mad.

One of the victims, Opeyemi, 19, who summoned the courage to report the matter to neighbours in the area, told our correspondent that Adesina had been sleeping with the three of them (she, her sister, and their mother) in the same room, sometimes, in the presence of their mother.

Narrating how it all started with her, she said, “I stay in Ibadan with my father’s brother where I work as a teacher and I also learn fashion designing. Three weeks ago, my mum came in the company of this man (pointing at Adesina). They told me that her sister’s daughter wants to get married and I needed to be there. So, I packed my bag and followed them.

“Unknown to me, it was all a lie. When I got to Lagos, that was when the story changed. Adesina said that he had a vision that my paternal grandma is a witch and she is controlling my destiny spiritually. He said that if I want to be free of her, that he would have to sleep with me within three days or I would run mad.”

With tears in her eyes, Opeyemi said she didn’t want to but she eventually bowed to pressure from her mother.

“I was really worried and I told him I couldn’t sleep with him. I didn’t even know he was sleeping with my mother. I thought they were just friends. When the pressure became too much, I decided to do it because I didn’t want to run mad and I needed to return to Ibadan.

“Initially, Adesina said it would be a three-day spiritual cleansing where he would sleep with me. After the three days, he said that the cleansing had to continue for another week. He eventually slept with me for two weeks and a half. As I speak to you, I have missed my monthly cycle,” she added.

Opeyemi further explained that it was later she discovered that the same Adesina had ‘deflowered’ her 13-year-old sister, Morenikeji and he was also sleeping with their mother.

She said, “It was when I complained to my younger sister that I wasn’t comfortable with Adesina sleeping with me that she confessed that he had also been sleeping with her.”

In her version of events, 13-year-old Morenikeji said she agreed to sleep with Adesina when her younger brother, Peter, took ill and he said for Peter not to die, they need the blood of a virgin to save his life.

“After my dad died, my younger brother would fall sick for days. So, Adesina said he had a brother who was a herbalist. He spoke to the brother on the phone and said that Peter was under a spell. He said that if we want him to live, my mother should get the blood from the private part of her virgin daughter.

“My mother was reluctant because I was the virgin one and she asked if there were no other options. Adesina insisted that if we didn’t want Peter to die, we had to do it and he was the one to sleep with me.

“That was how Adesina slept with me and deflowered me. When he was done, he used a white cloth to clean me up. He slept with me morning, afternoon and evening for seven days, non-stop and he has been sleeping with me since then,” she narrated.

Bose, the mother of the teenage victims who is four months pregnant for the suspect, said she became close to him when her late husband fell sick and he was the one who took her to a spiritualist in Akufo, Ibadan.

“Adesina and I were just acquaintances until we became lovers. My late husband was sick when Adesina came into my life. He volunteered to take me to his brother, who is a spiritualist in Ibadan. But before he agreed to do that, he said he had to sleep with me. I told him that would not be possible because I had never cheated on my husband,” she said.

Bose further explained that when the pressure became much and her late husband’s health was deteriorating, she had to give-in to Adesina’s request.

“The first time we had sex, I was on my period. We eventually went to Ibadan to see the spiritualist and he gave me some concoctions to use on my husband. I did but there was no improvement. Eventually, my husband died,” she narrated.

According to her, Adesina didn’t allow her to attend her late husband’s burial.

She said, “I didn’t go to my husband’s burial. He warned me not to go because I would be attacked spiritually and also suffer the same fate as my husband.”

When asked if she was aware that Adesina was sleeping with both her daughters, she said yes.

She said, “I knew he was sleeping with them but I was helpless. My youngest child, Peter, was sick and Adesina said that his spiritualist uncle told him that the only way the boy would live was for him to get the blood of a daughter of mine, who was a virgin. I begged him to look for other options but he said there was none. So, I had to tell my daughter to allow him.”

The suspect has been handed over to policemen attached to Abattoir Police Station in Oko Oba, Agege area of the state.

PULSE.

Advertisement

News

Tinubu To Protest Planners: Shelve Idea, Await Our Response

Published

on

By

President Bola Tinubu has appealed to Nigerians who plan to stage nationwide hunger protests to shelve the plan.

The President also urged the citizens to give his administration enough time to respond to their requests.

The request was revealed by the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, to State House Correspondents after closed-door talks with President Tinubu at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja, on Tuesday.

He said, “On the issue of the planned protest, Mr. President does not see any need for that. He asked them to shelve that plan and he has asked them to await the government’s response to all their pleas.

“So, there is no need for strike. The young people out there should listen to the President and allow the President more time to see to the realisation of all the goodies he has for them.”

His comments come days after calls for nationwide protests from August 1-10 against the rising cost of living and the economic hardship.

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Lagos Students Shun National Protest, Plan Solidarity Walk

Published

on

By

Students of tertiary institutions in Lagos State have disclosed their stand on the planned nationwide protests expected to commence on August 1.

JomogNews reports that Nigerians, particularly youths, have vowed to stage mass protests across the country beginning from August 1 to August 10 to draw the attention of the government to the plight of citizens.

According to the organizers, the protesters are expected to converge at state government houses across the country and the National Assembly complex in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, to express their anger over the hardship in Nigeria.

However, Mr Alimi Lekan-Idris, President, National Association of Lagos State Students, NULASS, said on Tuesday that the students will not join the protest.

Addressing journalists at a press conference held at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital College of Medicine, Ikeja, Mr Alimi urged Nigerian youths to embrace dialogue.

He said, “It is crucial that we remember the importance of peace and stability and use dialogue to achieve our collective goals.

”Given these significant contributions and progress we have witnessed, we wish to state that we are not in support of any protest against the government of Lagos State”.

Continue Reading

News

Labour Plans Talks With Govs As N’Assembly Okays N70,000 Wage

Published

on

By

Labour unions in the country say they will schedule meetings with state governments as part of efforts to ensure that they comply with the 2024 National Minimum Wage Amendment Act Bill, which on Tuesday empowered Nigerian workers to earn at least N70,000 on a monthly basis.

The Senate on Tuesday at plenary passed the 2024 National Minimum Wage Amendment Act Bill after President Bola Tinubu had transmitted the new wage bill to both chambers of the National Assembly, seeking expeditious support of the lawmakers for its passage.

The Senate and House of Representatives passed the new minimum wage bill.

The bill passed the first (President Tinubu’s request), second (debate on general principles) and third readings on Tuesday — all within an hour — in the upper and lower legislative chambers.

The new bill replaces the National Minimum Wage Act, No. 8, 2019 which approved N30,000 minimum wage with five years to negotiate a new wage. The new wage review period has now been reduced to three years following Tuesday’s legislation.

While leading a debate on the bill, Opeyemi Bamidele, Majority Leader of the Senate, said N70,000 was agreed upon by all the parties after negotiations.

“This is part of the Federal Government’s short term measure to mitigate the situation in the country,” Bamidele said.

Chief Whip of the Senate, Tahir Monguno, said there was the need to review the minimum wage to align with economic realities.

“The review of the minimum wage used to be after every five years. It is now every three years,” Monguno said.

No Senator opposed the Bill during its consideration by the Committee of the Whole.

The Senators also unanimously approved that the Bill be read for the third time and passed when it was put to voice vote by Senate President Godswill Akpabio.

The legislation gives legal backing to the N70,000 minimum wage recently approved by the President after weeks of a face-off with labour unions over a new minimum wage.

The Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress had both threatened a nationwide strike in the event of the failure of the Federal Government to approve a new wage for workers.

The NLC and TUC proposed N494,000 as the new monthly national minimum wage, citing inflation and the prevailing economic hardship in the country.

The unions in several statements lamented the hardship in the country, fueled by the removal of subsidy from the Premium Motor Spirit, also known as petrol, and the rising cost of goods and services.

But the unions later reduced the amount to N250,000 after several meetings with the Presidency.

On June 7, the Federal Government increased its offer for the new minimum wage for workers from N60,000 to N62,000 but the unions insisted on N250,000.

On July 11, the labour leaders again met with President Tinubu at the Presidential Villa over the new minimum wage before eventually accepting N70,000 as the new minimum wage for workers last week.

At Tuesday’s plenary, the bill was speedily passed through the first and second reading stages, leading to the consideration of the report and final passage to pave the way for the immediate implementation of the new minimum wage.

After the bill passage on Tuesday, the Trade Union Congress warned states against delay in the implementation of the new minimum wage. The TUC noted that no delay should be allowed due to the biting economic conditions in the country.

The National Vice President, TUC, Tommy Etim, made this known in an interview with our correspondent.

Etim said, “We are happy that the Senate was able to pass the National Minimum Wage Bill promptly. It’s now for the President to sign it into law and for the implementation to commence immediately.

“Moreover, the states should not delay in the implementation because of the socioeconomic challenges and the need to address hunger in the land.”

The NLC also urged state governments to replicate the move by the Federal Government to hastily pass the new minimum wage bill into law. The Congress also advised states to implement the new minimum wage to the letter.

“We are delighted by the gesture of the Senate because it suggests sensitivity to the plight of our members. The 2019 law expired in April 2024. This means we are already in arrears. The states should not only obey the law to the hilt but timeously too,” the Head of Public Relations of the NLC, Benson Upah, told one of our correspondents in Abuja.

Ekiti, Osun pledge to pay

Meanwhile, The Kwara State Governor, Mallam AbdulRaman AbdulRazaq, on Tuesday forwarded a bill seeking the revised Supplementary Budget of the state by N201bn to the State House of Assembly for approval, as states begin moves to pay the new wage.

Though, the Governor did not state the reason for the budget in his letter to the Assembly, it was learnt it might not be unconnected with the recent enaqctment of the new wage bill.

In the letter, which was read at plenary by the Speaker, Yakubu Danladi-Salihu, the Governor sought consideration and approval for the 2024 Revised/Supplementary Estimate.

The Speaker stated, “The total budget size after review is now N493,449,372,429.00 as against the 2024 approved estimates of N292,741,292,132.30, representing 69 per cent increase.

“The bill, however, passed through first reading and thereafter the Clerk of the House was directed to circulate clean copies of the bill to the Honourable members and the bill was referred to the House Committee on Rules and Business to slate it for second reading at the next legislative day.”

Ekiti State Governor, Biodun Oyebanji, on Tuesday assured workers in the state that he would not disappoint them on the new minimum wage for workers.

Oyebanji, who spoke in Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, during the presentation of N1bn gratuity cheques to retirees, expressed hope that he would offset all outstanding pension arrears before the end of the year.

The governor said, “On minimum wage, once it becomes law, when the President signs it into law, all will be well. The only thing I know, I am here to serve you. Let us wait, at the appropriate time, all will be well. One thing I know is that I am not going to disappoint you.”

Also, Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, said the state government would pay the new minimum wage, adding that the welfare of workers remained a priority of the present administration.

Alimi, who admitted that the new wage would strain the state’s finances, added that since the FG’s decision to pay the N70,000 minimum wage to workers was backed by law, Osun would not be found wanting.

“We will pay, but if the Federal Government is willing to give us more money, we will definitely be interested in collecting it. It is a question of law. Once they say an amount is the minimum wage and it is backed up by law, it is not negotiable.

“In Osun, the number one in the five-point agenda of the governor is workers’ welfare. If we can be paying arrears of salaries and pensions, we are going to pay the minimum wage. It is an obligation. I told you before now that whatever agreed upon as minimum wage, Osun will not be found wanting. It’s an additional burden but that notwithstanding, our government is committed to the welfare of the workers. We are going to pay,” Alimi said.

SOURCE

Continue Reading

Trending