News
JetHQ Directs Inquiries To Nigerian Government After Delisting Presidential Aircraft
The marketing company responsible for selling Nigeria’s presidential Boeing 737-700 business jet has removed the aircraft from its listings.
The jet, previously displayed on the firm’s website, was no longer visible when our correspondent checked.
In an email, JetHQ’s Manager of Market Research, Laurie Barringer, confirmed that the company had taken down the listing and referred all further questions to the Nigerian government.
“Thank you for your email. We no longer have the listing on the Boeing. You will need to reach out to the Nigerian Government for information as to what has become of the aircraft. I appreciate your time,” Barringer wrote.
Efforts to obtain clarification from the media aide to the National Security Adviser, Ismail Garba, have not yet yielded a response.
The development follows earlier reports in October 2025 indicating that the jet—placed on the market by the Federal Government in July 2025—had remained unsold nearly four months after it was listed.
At the time, JetHQ confirmed via email that the aircraft was still available. Market Research Assistant Marinell Nuevo also indicated the jet was on the market but directed additional questions to Barringer.
Barringer later explained that details beyond availability were confidential, saying the company could only share such information with the aircraft’s owner.
“Information of that nature is proprietary. The only data we can provide is that the aircraft remains available for sale,” she said.
Before it was delisted, records showed that the presidential jet underwent partial refurbishment and major inspections at AMAC’s Basel facility in July 2024. The work included first-class seat upgrades, cabin carpet replacement, and C1–C2 inspections.
Industry data from aircraftcostcalculator.com places the average market value of a pre-owned Boeing 737 BBJ at around $56 million, depending on configuration and maintenance history.
The aircraft was originally purchased in 2005 for $43 million during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo and has since been part of the Presidential Air Fleet.
In July 2025, the current administration announced plans to sell the jet as part of efforts to reduce costs and rationalise the presidential fleet amid rising public scrutiny of government expenditure.
News
Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.
NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.
The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)
In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.
The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
-
News2 days agoOgun Police Launch Investigation Into TikToker Mirabel’s Sexual Assault Claims
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
News2 days agoReserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
-
News2 days agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
-
Health23 hours agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News24 hours agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
