Connect with us

News

Fuji Star K1 De Ultimate To Be Blacklisted For 6 Months By NCAA

Published

on

The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has announced its decision to blacklist popular Fuji musician, King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal, widely known as KWAM 1 or K1 De Ultimate, from flying within Nigeria for a period of six months.

 

NCAA’s Director of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection, Michael Achimugu, made this known during a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

 

Achimugu said the disciplinary measure followed the artist’s unruly conduct at the domestic terminal of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja, where he reportedly spilled alcohol on an airline staff member during boarding on Tuesday.

 

“No individual, no matter how influential, is above the rules that govern civil aviation conduct. We are taking this step to ensure that standards are upheld and airport workers are protected from harassment,” Achimugu stated.

 

The incident, which occurred earlier in the week, drew widespread criticism from members of the public after the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) confirmed that KWAM 1 had behaved in a disorderly manner during a boarding process of a commercial flight.

 

In its statement on Wednesday, FAAN said the musician was seen holding a bottle of an alcoholic beverage during boarding and, in the course of events, spilled its contents on a cabin crew member. FAAN described the act as “unacceptable” and “a violation of aviation safety protocol.”

 

“The behaviour displayed by the passenger was completely out of line with safety and hospitality standards. We will not condone actions that threaten the integrity of airport operations,” a FAAN spokesperson had said.

 

Meanwhile, the musician denied the allegations, stating that the content of the bottle was water, and not alcohol.

KWAM 1’s team also revealed that he was apologised to, stating, if indeed there had been anything inappropriate in his conduct, the Head of Airport Security, officials from relevant agencies such as FAAN and NCAA, as well as the Chairman and Managing Director of the airline, would not have reached out personally to appeal.

 

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

News

Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges

Published

on

By

Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.

 

 

The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.

 

 

According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:

 

Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.

 

She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.

 

She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.

 

Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.

 

Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.

The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

 

The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.

Statement from Maureen Badejo

Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.

 

 

“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.

 

 

However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.

Continue Reading

News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention

Published

on

By

The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.

More details later….

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending