News
Video: Only Survivor Of Air India Plane Crash Is Seen Carrying His Brother’s Coffin As Burial Holds
The sole survivor of the Air India disaster carried the coffin of his brother to his funeral hours after being discharged from hospital.
Vishwash Kumar Ramesh stumbled out of the burning air plane moments before it exploded, while all other 241 onboard, including his brother Ajay, were killed.
His body was among as many as 270 recovered from the site of the crash in the city of Ahmedabad, in the state of Gujarat, on Thursday last week, June 12.
His face is covered in plasters from the injuries he suffered during the collision after the Boeing 787 Dreamliner reported a loss of engine thrust after take-off.
The mourners paraded with the coffin through the streets less than a week after the plane crash.
Vishwas’ family from Leicester – including his wife and son – have flown out to India to be with him following news of the tragedy.
Both brothers are natives of the coastal town of Diu and had travelled to India to spend time with their family.
Local officials confirmed that Ajay was cremated in the town by his family.
Vishwas’ survival has been hailed a miracle. He was even visited by India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Sitting in 11A – a window seat by an emergency exit – he was able to crawl out of the aircraft, and was filmed walking into the street.
Meanwhile, Ajay was at the far end of the same row on the other side of the aisle – seat 11J.
Vishwash told DD News: “I saw people dying in front of my eyes – the air hostesses, and two people I saw near me … I walked out of the rubble.”
He described what happened before the crash and said: “When the flight took off, within five to 10 seconds it felt like it was stuck in the air.
“Suddenly, the lights started flickering – green and white.
“The aircraft wasn’t gaining altitude and was just gliding before it suddenly slammed into a building and exploded.”
Watch video from Ajay’s funeral below.
💔HEART-BREAKING: Ramesh Vishwas Kumar, the sole survivor of the Air India crash, carried his brother Ajay’s coffin at his funeral in Diu, Gujarat.
Despite burn injuries, Ramesh displayed strength amidst grief.
The crash claimed over 250 lives. pic.twitter.com/KODamybFIk
— truth. (@thetruthin) June 18, 2025
News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
News
Reserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
Nigeria’s foreign exchange (FX) reserves have reached $48.5 billion, their highest level in nearly 13 years.
This milestone, confirmed by data from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), surpasses previous multi-year peaks and represents the strongest balance since May 14, 2013, when reserves stood at approximately $48.51 billion.
However, the data showed that the foreign reserves increased steadily by 6.45 percent or $2.94 billion year-to-date, from $45.56 billion reported on January 1 to $48.5 billion.
Further checks showed that the FX reserves figure was $48.36 billion on Monday.
According to the CBN, FX reserves are assets held on reserve by a monetary authority in foreign currencies, which are used to back liabilities and influence monetary policy.
On December 22, 2025, the apex bank projected that the country’s external reserves would rise to $51.04 billion in 2026, saying the increase will be supported by FX reforms.
“Reforms in the foreign exchange market are expected to sustain exchange rate stability, while external reserves are projected to increase to US$51.04 billion,” CBN said.
On February 10, Olayemi Cardoso, governor of CBN, said the bank will do “whatever it takes” to safeguard the value of the naira, while strengthening the country’s external reserves.
Looking ahead to 2030, he said the CBN’s targets include achieving single-digit inflation and growing foreign exchange (FX) reserves driven by non-oil exports, foreign direct investment, and diaspora remittances.
-
News2 days agoDefend Our Sovereignty: Falana, Ibrahim, Bugaje Reject US Military Presence
-
News2 days agoDangote Projects Naira Appreciation To N1,100/$ In 2026
-
News14 hours agoTragedy In Ondo: Gunmen Attack Palace, Traditional Ruler Killed
-
News1 day ago37 Miners Killed By Toxic Gas In Plateau; FG Yet To React
-
News12 hours agoReserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
-
News11 hours agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
-
News13 hours agoOgun Police Launch Investigation Into TikToker Mirabel’s Sexual Assault Claims
-
News21 hours agoSterling HoldCo Commences Allotment Of Public Offer Shares
