Connect with us

News

Seyi Tinubu’s Thugs Beat Me For Rejecting ₦100M Bribe — NANS President Isah

Published

on

The President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Comrade Atiku Abubakar Isah, has been allegedly attacked by thugs linked to Seyi Tinubu, son of President Bola Tinubu, who violently disrupted the NANS inauguration ceremony held on Tuesday in Abuja.

The attack also reportedly targeted political figures at the occasion including former Minister of Education and two-term Governor of Kano State, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, and former Governor of Kogi State, Captain Idris Wada.

Speaking to SaharaReporters on Wednesday, Atiku claimed that the attackers, armed with cutlasses and guns, stormed the venue — The Wells Carlton Hotel in Asokoro — in a coordinated assault that left several attendees injured and many robbed of their phones and personal belongings.

“At the inauguration hall which I personally paid for at The Wells Carlton Hotel, Asokoro, Seyi Tinubu arrived with a large number of security men and ordered them to stop the event,” Atiku said.

“The management of the hotel informed me about the interference, but I decided to go ahead with the inauguration. Immediately after we were inaugurated and Senator Shekarau began his speech, Seyi’s thugs entered the hall wielding guns and cutlasses. They stopped the senator, began stabbing people, and chased others away, snatching phones and valuables in the process.”

Atiku further alleged that the attack was premeditated, linking it to an earlier attempt by presidential aides to silence him with a bribe.

“Before the day of the inauguration, Seyi had asked the Senior Special Assistant on Students and Youth Affairs to lure me into silence with money. I was told he was ready to offer me a hundred million naira. My refusal to accept the bribe led to the attack yesterday.”

“When Seyi’s thugs, led by one Ladoja, came in with machetes and guns, they beat people and injured many. Nigerians should beg Seyi to spare my life,” Atiku said, sounding a note of distress.

“They attacked Senator Shekarau, the former Minister of Education, and also Captain Idris Wada, the former governor of Kogi State. Fortunately, both of them were whisked away by their security details. I, however, was taken to an unknown location after being beaten and injured.”

All efforts by SaharaReporters to contact the former Governor of Kano State, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, and the former Governor of Kogi State, Captain Idris Wada, were unsuccessful, as they did not answer calls or respond to messages sent to them.

SaharaReporters previously reported that the newly elected President of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), Comrade Atiku Abubakar Isah, accused Seyi, son of President Bola Tinubu, of attempting to take his (Isah) life.

He also accused the president’s son of disrupting the inauguration ceremony of the association scheduled to hold at The Wells Carlton Hotel in Asokoro, Abuja.

Isah, who emerged as NANS President at the association’s national convention held on February 27, 2025, made the allegations on Tuesday in a phone call to SaharaReporters, claiming that his life was under immediate threat.

“At The Wells Carlton, Seyi Tinubu and his thugs are around to scatter our inauguration,” Isah alleged.

“Seyi has just ordered for me to be assassinated after the plea to buy me with money failed.”

According to the students leader, Seyi Tinubu allegedly instructed the hotel management to shut down operations, effectively locking guests inside and halting all movements to and from the premises.

“He has instructed the management to shut down everything. They have just informed me,” Isah said.

The NANS convention earlier this year was reportedly marred by factional disputes and allegations of external influence, raising tensions ahead of the planned inauguration.

 

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

News

Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges

Published

on

By

Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.

 

 

The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.

 

 

According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:

 

Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.

 

She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.

 

She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.

 

Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.

 

Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.

The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

 

The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.

Statement from Maureen Badejo

Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.

 

 

“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.

 

 

However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.

Continue Reading

News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention

Published

on

By

The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.

More details later….

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending