Connect with us

News

Port Harcourt Refinery Is Still Functional – PENGASSAN

Published

on

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, has confirmed that the Port Harcourt Refinery is functional.

There were claims last week that the refinery had shut down just a few days after its much-celebrated commencement of production.

But many oil experts have come out to speak on the status of the refinery.

Similarly, in an interview on Arise TV Monday night, Comrade Festus Osifo, President of PENGASSAN, said the refinery has indeed commenced operation in full force.

Osifo, however, gave a few limitations in the production processes.

He was also quick to say that the blending process was normal globally, as no refinery can produce with a single Crude Distillation Unit (CDU).

He also said Nigerians have every reason to doubt and question the government, considering what they had suffered at the hands of past governments.

He said, “Nigerians, we have every reason to doubt the government. We have every reason to question assertions from governments because over the years, they have actually let us down.

“Having said that, for us in PENGASSAN, it’s part of what we are going to address tomorrow in our National Executive Council meeting.”

Explaining the production processes in the refinery, he said, “Really, from our checks, the Port Harcourt refinery is actually working.

“But let me explain this. In petroleum product production, you take the crude and you pass the crude into what they call the CDU (Crude Distillation Unit).

“So, it is actually that unit that is going to bring different products. That unit today, as we speak, is working.

“When you pass the crude into CDU, it is going to give you what we call Kerosene (DPK), it is going to give you what we call ATK (Aviation fuel), and it’s going to give you DPO (Diesel).

“It’s also going to give you naphtha. That is that distillation unit. That unit is working.

“What that means is that when you pass crude into that unit, you will have these products, but the old Port Harcourt refinery was not designed to produce aviation fuel.

“So, you are going to have these three principal products: the Naphtha, the AGO, as well as the DPK. So normally, that Naphtha, you are going to pass it to this unit called the Reformat Unit.

“As we speak today, that reformat unit is not actually working. We must disclose this to Nigerians.

“What is now happening at the moment is that you are going to take that Naphtha and merge it with Crack-C5. It will now be blended with Naphtha, and some other processes take place, and now it gives us PMS.

“What Nigerians should be interested in today is that: is the Port Harcourt refinery producing AGO? The answer is yes. Is the old Port Harcourt refinery producing kerosene? The answer is yes. Is it producing PMS today? The answer is yes.

“We should reduce the concentration on what the processes are but look at the products that come out.”

He further affirmed that, “There is no refinery in the world that has a CDU that produces PMS in a single tranche. No one produces PMS, even Dangote Refinery.

“Their CDU doesn’t just produce PMS. But there is a product that comes out that is close to PMS. The requirement and the specification – what we call the Octane number in PMS – is very high.

“You have to produce it to spec or it damages vehicles. That Naphtha is further treated, and treating that Naphtha using the Crack-C4 from Indorama is what they now call blending.

“But in all honesty, the refinery is working, and these products are all there and coming out.”

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

News

Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges

Published

on

By

Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.

 

 

The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.

 

 

According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:

 

Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.

 

She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.

 

She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.

 

Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.

 

Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.

The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

 

The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.

Statement from Maureen Badejo

Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.

 

 

“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.

 

 

However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.

Continue Reading

News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention

Published

on

By

The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.

More details later….

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending