Connect with us

News

Dangote Refinery Slashes Petrol Price To N970 Per Liter For Marketers

Published

on

A slash in the pump price of petrol is likely following Dangote Refinery’s reduction of its ex-depot price from N990 to N970 per litre.

The refinery conveyed the new price regime in a statement by its Group Chief Branding and Communication Officer, Anthony Chiejina.

The statement said: “Dangote Petroleum Refinery has effected a reduction in the prevailing price of its Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) from N990/litre to N970/Iitre for the marketers.

“As the year comes to an end, this is our way of appreciating the good people of Nigeria for their unwavering support in making the Refinery a dream come true.

“In addition, this is to thank the government for their support as this will complement the measures put in place to encourage domestic enterprise for our collective wellbeing.

“While the refinery would not compromise on the quality of its petroleum products, we assure you of best quality products that are environmentally friendly and sustainable.

“We are determined to keep ramping up production meet and surpass our domestic fuel consumption; thus, dispelling any fear of a shortfall in supply.”

As at yesterday, a litre of petrol sold for between N1,080 and N,1,090 at stations operated by the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) members in Lagos.

Major marketers sold it for between N1,060 and N1,080.

A litre of petrol was selling for N1,025 at NNPCL-run retail outlets as at yesterday.

The N20 cut in the Dangote Refinery’s ex-depot price is expected to reflect at the pumps soon.

PETROL retail marketers said they would respond to the cut accordingly.

The Petroleum Products Retail Outlet Owners of Nigeria (PETROAN) said it will work out the logistics before arriving at new pump prices following the reduction from the Dangote Refinery.

PETROAN National President Dr. Billy Harry said since it has to do with real value, the association will not rely on an armchair projection.

Asked how soon his members would respond to the ex-depot price cut, he said they would still meet with the management of the refinery before effecting the change.

He said: We cannot tell you now before the reduction we will work out the logistics and a lower price and the retail outlets will come up.

“We have to work out the logistics first. It is not an armchair projection. It is of real value. PETROAN is having a meeting with Dangote.”

The refinery and the association have been in talks on modalities for selling products to them directly instead of going through the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL).

The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), National President, Alhaji Abubakar Maigandi could not be reached up till last night.

Last month, promoter of the refinery Aliko Dangote and President/Chief Executive of the Dangote Group, said his refinery had more than 500 million litres of petrol in stock.

Earlier this month, IPMAN called on the refinery to engage stakeholders and review its pricing strategy, saying the refinery prices were higher than other suppliers, making it difficult for independent marketers to sell products.

But last week, IPMAN reached a truce with the refinery to directly lift petroleum products for distribution to its members’ depots and retail outlets across the country.

 

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

News

Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges

Published

on

By

Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.

 

 

The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.

 

 

According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:

 

Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.

 

She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.

 

She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.

 

Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.

 

Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.

The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

 

The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.

Statement from Maureen Badejo

Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.

 

 

“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.

 

 

However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.

Continue Reading

News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention

Published

on

By

The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.

More details later….

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending