News
Herbert Wigwe: Court Summons Cousin Over Will, Gives Ultimatum To Explain His Interest
In the latest twist to the ongoing saga surrounding the estate of the late Herbert Onyewumbu Wigwe, exclusive court documents have revealed a startling development.
Christian Chukwuka Wigwe, the said late Herbert’s cousin, who had filed a caveat on behalf of Pastor Shyngle Wigwe, the deceased’s father, to challenge the distribution of his Estate as outlined in his Will, has been officially warned about his involvement in the Estate by the Lagos State High Court.
Specifically, the Lagos State High Court Probate Registry has issued a legal notice giving Christian Chukwuka Wigwe an 8-day ultimatum to explain his interest in the Estate of late Herbert Wigwe.
A portion of the notice dated 21st October 2024 addressed to Christian Chukwuka Wigwe reads “To enter an appearance either in person or by your Legal practitioner at the Lagos High Court Probate Registry setting forth what interest you have in the Estate of the above-named deceased, Late Herbert Onyewumbu Wigwe of No. 11 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos, contrary to the interest of the party at whose instance this warning is issued.
If you have no contrary interest but wish to show cause against the sealing of a grant to such party to issue and serve a summons for direction by the Registrar of the said registry”.
By this invitation, there is no more hiding behind any affidavit for members of the Wigwe family, who had challenged the implementation of the deceased’s Will.
Last week, Emeka Wigwe, one of the brothers of the late banking guru, Herbert Wigwe issued a statement that said the family stood by the affidavit Christian Chukwuka Wigwe deposed to and was not challenging the beneficiaries of late Herbert Wigwe’s Will.
According to the statement “The facts regarding the Estate are already publicly available in the Probate Registry, where an affidavit clearly outlines the correct details”.
With the notice issued at the instance of Mr. Uchechukwu Wigwe, the appointed personal representative of the Estate of the deceased by virtue of the deceased person’s Will dated July 09, 2013, Christian Chukwuka Wigwe will have to appear at the Court Probate Registry to explain the legal and factual basis for his affidavit.
This is to determine of the relevance of Christian Chukwuka Wigwe’s claim to the enforceability of late Herbert Wigwe’s Will otherwise the caveat will be thrown out and the court will issue a grant of Probate or Administration in the said Estate notwithstanding his caveat.
With the unfolding development, it may be necessary to make an inquest into the real identity of Christian Chukwuka Wigwe, his background, possible relationship and connection to late Herbert Wigwe and his children, the beneficiaries of his Will.
News
Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.
During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.
The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.
Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.
According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.
During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.
A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.
While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.
In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.
“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.
“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”
News
Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.
NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.
The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)
In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.
The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
-
News3 minutes agoCouple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
