News
Fresh Controversy As Dangote Refinery Snubs Oil Marketers On Direct Petrol Lifting
The Dangote 650,000 barrels per day Lagos-based refinery has ignored oil marketers’ call on direct lifting of its Premium Motor Spirit (petrol).
The President of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria, Abubakar Maigandi and the President of the Petroleum Products Retail Outlets Owners Association, PETROAN, Billy Gillis-Harry disclosed this to DAILY POST exclusively in separate interviews.
This comes as a report emerged on Monday that the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited has quit its role as sole off-takerer of Dangote Petrol.
The development places oil marketers and Nigerians in limbo.
Speaking on the development, Maigandi said all efforts put forward by IPMAN to meet with Dangote Refinery’s management have not yielded results.
“Up till today (Monday) we have not had a meeting and feedback from Dangote Refinery on direct sales of its fuel.
“We cannot talk about the price of Dangote Petrol since we have not been able to buy it directly,” he said.
He noted that there would be a reduction in the price of petrol which currently goes between N950 and N1,200 per liter if Dangote Refinery agrees to sell the product directly to oil marketers.
“There will be a small reduction in price if Dangote refineries sell petrol to us directly”, he added.
When asked how much NNPCL sells petrol to its marketers, he said, “NNPCL sold petrol to us at N840 and N870 per liter depending on the location. We sell at N950 in Abuja depending on the location.”
Speaking on NNPCL quitting role as sole off-taker of Dangote Petrol, Maigandi stressed that, “We’re waiting to hear from Dangote Refinery”, on whether we can lift petrol directly.
On his part, Gillis-Harry re-rechoed Maigandi’s position on Dangote Refinery’s refusal to sell its petrol directly to marketers.
According to him, despite attempts by petroleum marketers to have business discussions with Dangote Refinery, they have not received the green light.
“We have attempted to have a business discussion with Dangote Refinery on direct petrol lifting but as of today, they have not given us greenlight”, he said.
Meanwhile, the spokesperson of Dangote Group, Anthony Chiejina when contacted by DAILY POST correspondent on the matter, said, “I am not aware”.
On September 15, the Dangote Refinery announced the inaugural distribution of its petrol with NNPCL as the sole buyer.
Upon the lifting of Dangote Petrol last month, had announced a fresh fuel price hike between N950 and N1,100 per litre across its retail outlets.
The fuel price adjustments came on the back of NNPCL stance that it bought Dangote petrol at N898 per liter, however, Dangote disagreed.
The oil firm, owned by Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote had hinted that its petrol pump price would be announced by the Presidential Implementation Committee on Naira-for-crude sales.
However, despite the kick-off of the Naira-for-crude with the expected supply of 24 million barrels by October and November 2024 by the Nigerian government, the price per liter of Dangote Petrol has remained a subject of controversy.
Last month, the House of Representatives urged Dangote Refinery to allow oil marketers to lift its petrol directly.
Earlier, refiners and marketers had hinted that the commencement of the Naira-for-crude sales deal with Dangote Refinery and other refineries would lead to a drop in the pump price of petrol.
News
Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.
NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.
The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)
In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.
The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
-
News2 days agoTragedy In Ondo: Gunmen Attack Palace, Traditional Ruler Killed
-
News2 days agoOgun Police Launch Investigation Into TikToker Mirabel’s Sexual Assault Claims
-
News1 day agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
News2 days agoReserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
-
News2 days agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
-
Health22 hours agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News22 hours agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
