Connect with us

News

Police Denies Killing Boy At Abuja Protest Ground, Begins Investigation Into Remote Cause Of Death

Published

on

The FCT police command has denied reports claiming its officer killed a yet-to-be identified teenager in Kubwa while he was protesting on August 3rd, 2024.

A video making the rounds on social media shows a little boy recounting how the deceased was killed. According to the boy, the deceased was not part of the protest and was simply passing by when he was gunned down.

The boy alleged that some police officers had earlier pointed a gun at him and others around before the teenager was fatally shot.

Reacting to the viral video, the spokesperson of the command, SP Josephine Adeh, debunked the allegations stating that its operatives are not responsible for the killing of the teenager.

According to Adeh, the operatives deployed to the axis were not issued lethal arms but with anti-riot equipment not capable of occasioning the death of the teenager.

β€˜β€™In light of the rather infuriated incident, the commissioner of police, FCT, CP Benneth C. Igweh, psc, mni, has ordered that an immediate investigation be conducted to ascertain the remote cause of death of the deceased, calling on well-meaning residents to provide the command with necessary information to aid the investigation.

While expressing profound condolences to the family of the bereaved, he assures the family and public of swift justice, as effort is ongoing to apprehend the perpetrators of the unfortunate incident.” the statement reads in part

Adeh added that the command is aware of the antics of mischief makers who may want to exploit the current situation in the country to spread false information and cause apprehension in the populace.

News

Joint Security Task Force Thwarts Bandit Attack In Ifelodun LGA

Published

on

By

Security forces on Sunday evening successfully repelled an attack by armed bandits on Share, the headquarters of Ifelodun Local Government Area (LGA) in Kwara State.

The confrontation involved a combined team of the Nigerian Army, forest guards, and other local security outfits.

The attack was reportedly repelled after about one hour’s exchange of gunfire between security forces and the armed bandits.

Share community came under attack Sunday evening when armed bandits reportedly invaded the town, sparking panic among residents.

Local security sources confirmed that the attackers engaged combined security forces in a fierce exchange of gunfire that lasted for about one hour.

The coordinated response is said to have successfully repelled the assailants.

No official confirmed cases of abduction or fatalities were reported at the time of this report.

Authorities are said to be monitoring the situation closely, while residents remain on alert, according to a security source.

 

Continue Reading

News

Panic In Kwara As Terror Group Issues Written Threat To Three Towns

Published

on

By

A terrorist group identifying itself as the Nigeria Terrorist Association (NTA) has issued a formal notification of a planned attack on three communities in Oyun Local Government Area (LGA), Kwara State.

The notification, which was found dropped at the Ira market area, has caused significant panic and led many residents to flee their homes.

The communities identified in the threat are Ira, Inaja and Aho. A letter allegedly issued by a group calling itself the Nigeria Terrorists Association (NTA) was reportedly dropped at the Ira market area, warning residents of an impending attack.

The development has sparked panic among locals and prompted heightened security measures across the affected areas. Security agencies have reportedly intensified patrols and operational readiness in response to the threat.

According to sources, the group claimed in the letter that its members had moved from Kaiama in Kwara North Senatorial District to Oyun Local Government Area in Kwara South, and would strike the listed communities β€œanytime soon.”

A security source disclosed that the Nigerian Army’s Forward Operation Base (FOB) in Ilemona is playing a key role in ongoing patrols, alongside other security operatives deployed to secure the area.

The latest threat comes days after security forces repelled a bandit attack on Share, headquarters of Ifelodun Local Government Area. The confrontation reportedly lasted about an hour, with no casualties or abductions recorded.

 

Continue Reading

News

El-Rufai Questions NSA Ribadu Over Procurement Of Polish Chemicals

Published

on

By

Former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai has publicly accused National Security Adviser (NSA) Nuhu Ribadu of importing approximately 10 kilograms of thallium sulphate, a highly toxic chemical, from Poland.

In a letter dated January 30, 2026, which he shared on X (formerly Twitter), El-Rufai demanded urgent clarification on the procurement, describing the substance as a “very dangerous,” colourless, and odourless toxin.

He said the information available to opposition political leaders suggested that the ONSA recently brought in about 10 kilograms of thallium sulphate from a foreign supplier.

β€œAs part of my duty as a citizen, I wrote to the NSA to seek clarification on reports about the importation by his office of thallium sulphate, a very dangerous toxin,” El-Rufai said, adding that the substance was β€œodourless and colourless”, making its presence even more worrying.

In the letter, the former governor described thallium compounds as extremely hazardous and subject to strict international controls, arguing that the alleged importation raised serious questions around public safety and transparency.

He asked the security office to state the purpose for which the chemical was procured, the intended end-user, the company that supplied it, and whether the importation was authorised under any valid chemical or defence permit.

El-Rufai further requested details on the exact quantity and concentration reportedly acquired, as well as how the substance would be stored and secured.

He also sought to know whether relevant regulatory and public-health authorities, including the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, were involved in assessing potential risks or developing safety and mitigation plans.

According to him, β€œpublic confidence in national institutions” requires that the matter be addressed promptly and transparently.

The Office of the National Security Adviser had not issued any official response as of press time.

Continue Reading

Trending