News
Just In: Autopsy Reveals Drug Reaction As Possible Cause Of Mohbad’s Death
“It is noteworthy that the body neither had an autopsy nor embalmed prior to interment on the second day,” the report states.
An autopsy conducted on the body of late singer Mohbad at conducted at the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) has revealed the possible cause of his death.
According to TheCable Lifestyle, the cause of death could not be ascertained, but there is a possibility of drug reaction in view of any significant post-mortem and toxicology findings.
The report says samples of the gastric content, blood, bone marrow, liver, kidney, and lung of the late singer were retrieved for a toxicology test.
The anatomical and pathological findings revealed that Mohbad had an injury on his right forearm and his body was exhumed with moderate to severe decomposition.
The autopsy also showed that “no significant gross finding” could be attributed to the singer’s death.
The toxicology “revealed the positive finding of Diphenhydramine, an anti-histamine; however, this concentration was not in a fatal or lethal range”.
Anti-histamines are medicines used to treat symptoms of allergies. They are also used to treat a variety of other conditions such as stomach problems, colds, and anxiety, among others.
“It is noteworthy that the body neither had an autopsy nor embalmed prior to interment on the second day,” the report states.
“Following the Order for Exhumation, the body was exhumed on 21/09/2023 (8 days after the burial).
“Autopsy revealed moderate to marked decomposition of organs. Apart from the superficial injury on the right forearm, no significant gross finding could be attributed to death.
“Against this background, samples were taken for toxicology. This is to determine if there was any anaphylactic reaction, substances of abuse, overdosage or common household poisoning.
“Toxicology revealed positive findings of Diphenhydramine, an anti-histamine; however, this concentration was not in a fatal or lethal range. The other analytics were unremarkable.
“In determining fatal anaphylactic shock, blood sample needs to be taken as quickly as possible.
“Unfortunately, this was prevented or made impossible by the burial of the deceased on the second day. In the light of the foregoing, cause of death could not be ascertained.
“However, the possibility of a fatal anaphylactic shock (drug reaction) could be considered in view of the absence of any significant post-mortem and toxicology findings.”
Earlier, the toxicology test carried out on the late music star, revealed that the singer’s cause of death cannot be determined.
Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Wahab Shittu, said the pathologist in his submission at the Coroner Inquest, said that at the time the test was carried out the body of the singer had already decomposed.
“According to him, the cause of death cannot be determined,” Shittu told pressmen outside the court.
The lawyer also said the pathologist also said the cause of the death could be attributed to a reaction to certain drugs administered on him before he died.
“He also went further to say that it may be attributed to reaction to certain drugs administered on him before he died. Again he then qualified that to say he does not know whether it is those drugs that actually led to his death,” he added.
On March 20, the Director of Lagos State DNA and Forensic Centre, Richard Somiari, said that the toxicology result of Mohbad would be ready in the next three to four weeks.
Somiari, while testifying during a coroner’s inquest into the death of the singer said, “We expected to get the first set of autopsy results in three to four weeks and re-confirm to authenticate the cause of the death.
“We searched for multiple possibilities, to check if poison was involved in the death of Mohbad since no actual cause was mentioned,” he said.
The forensic expert assured the public of adequate security and monitoring of samples for the autopsy.
“We have a place where items are stored for safety and security of results. There is a procedure for monitoring samples moved abroad,” he said.
Mohbad died at the age of 27, on September 12, 2023, with circumstances surrounding his death sparking controversies on social media.
A former record label signee of Marlian Music owned by Naira Marley, Mohbad left the label in February 2022.
The Lagos State Police Command had, on September 18, 2023, inaugurated a 13-man special investigation team to probe the singer’s death.
His death also led to the arrest of Naira Marley and controversial Lagos socialite, Balogun Eletu, also known as Sam Larry, among others.
The singer’s body was on September 21, 2023, exhumed for autopsy.











News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
News
Reserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
Nigeria’s foreign exchange (FX) reserves have reached $48.5 billion, their highest level in nearly 13 years.
This milestone, confirmed by data from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), surpasses previous multi-year peaks and represents the strongest balance since May 14, 2013, when reserves stood at approximately $48.51 billion.
However, the data showed that the foreign reserves increased steadily by 6.45 percent or $2.94 billion year-to-date, from $45.56 billion reported on January 1 to $48.5 billion.
Further checks showed that the FX reserves figure was $48.36 billion on Monday.
According to the CBN, FX reserves are assets held on reserve by a monetary authority in foreign currencies, which are used to back liabilities and influence monetary policy.
On December 22, 2025, the apex bank projected that the country’s external reserves would rise to $51.04 billion in 2026, saying the increase will be supported by FX reforms.
“Reforms in the foreign exchange market are expected to sustain exchange rate stability, while external reserves are projected to increase to US$51.04 billion,” CBN said.
On February 10, Olayemi Cardoso, governor of CBN, said the bank will do “whatever it takes” to safeguard the value of the naira, while strengthening the country’s external reserves.
Looking ahead to 2030, he said the CBN’s targets include achieving single-digit inflation and growing foreign exchange (FX) reserves driven by non-oil exports, foreign direct investment, and diaspora remittances.
-
News2 days agoDefend Our Sovereignty: Falana, Ibrahim, Bugaje Reject US Military Presence
-
News1 day agoDangote Projects Naira Appreciation To N1,100/$ In 2026
-
News1 day ago37 Miners Killed By Toxic Gas In Plateau; FG Yet To React
-
News12 hours agoTragedy In Ondo: Gunmen Attack Palace, Traditional Ruler Killed
-
News9 hours agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
-
News10 hours agoReserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
-
News11 hours agoOgun Police Launch Investigation Into TikToker Mirabel’s Sexual Assault Claims
-
News18 hours agoSterling HoldCo Commences Allotment Of Public Offer Shares
