Connect with us

News

Iran Vs Israel: Israeli War Cabinet Plans For Response After Israel Stopped Over 100 Drones, Ballistic And Cruise Missiles From Iran (Video)

Published

on

The Israeli security cabinet has authorized a three-man war cabinet to decide on Israel’s response, after Iran launched over 100 drones, ballistic and cruise missiles towards Israel on Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Following a late-night meeting on Saturday, the war cabinet comprisimg alt=’Iran vs Israel: Israeli war cabinet plans for response after Israel stopped over 100 drones, ballistic and cruise missiles from Iran (video)’ class=’img-responsive text-center’ style=’margin: auto;’ of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant and Benny Gantz met to decide on a response.

Israel Defense Forces spokesperson Daniel Hagari said Iran had launched dozens of surface-to-surface missiles, scores of droe missiles from its territory toward Israel. The attacks lasted approximately five hours.

The vast majority of the missiles were intercepted outside Israeli territory, by Israel’s aerial defense systems, Hagari said in an update early Sunday.

He said a few projectiles landed within Israeli territory, and there had been a hit on an IDF base in southern Israel, which resulted in mild damage to infrastructure.

The Israeli air force had intercepted more than 10 cruise missiles outside Israeli territory, and dozens of UAVs were intercepted outside Israeli territory.

Our planes are still in the air intercepting targets and we are ready for any threat that will come to Israel,” Hagari said. ”

We will do everything we need, everything to defend the state of Israel.”

Early Sunday morning in Israel, the country’s Home Front Command canceled its request for citizens to remain near shelters, an indication that the Israeli military believes the immediate threat of incoming attack has passed.

US forces throughout the region were positioned to provide defensive support to Israel ahead of the attack, and the US intended to intercept as many of the launches as it could.

US forces intercepted a number of drones intended for Israel as part of a coordinated defensive effort, and Washington remains vigilant for the potential of more activity.

In a letter addressed to UN chief Antonio Guterres and Security Council President Vanessa Frazier, Tehran has emphasised that its attack on Israel is a legal and justified act of self-defence against Israeli “aggressions”.

The Iranian mission to the UN decried the Security Council’s failure to condemn the deadly Israeli air raid on the country’s consulate in Damascus on April 1.

“As a responsible member of the United Nations, Islamic Republic of Iran is committed to the purposes and principles enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations and international law and reiterates its consistent position that it does not seek escalation or conflict in the region,” the letter said.

UN Secretary-General António Guterres strongly condemned Iran’s large-scale attack launched on Israel.

Guterres called for an immediate cessation of hostilities, expressing deep alarm over the potential for a devastating region-wide escalation.

“I am deeply alarmed about the very real danger of a devastating region-wide escalation,” Guterres said. “I urge all parties to exercise maximum restraint to avoid any action that could lead to major military confrontations on multiple fronts in the Middle East.”

 

News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention

Published

on

By

The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.

More details later….

 

 

Continue Reading

News

Reserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels

Published

on

By

Nigeria’s foreign exchange (FX) reserves have reached $48.5 billion, their highest level in nearly 13 years.

This milestone, confirmed by data from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), surpasses previous multi-year peaks and represents the strongest balance since May 14, 2013, when reserves stood at approximately $48.51 billion.

However, the data showed that the foreign reserves increased steadily by 6.45 percent or $2.94 billion year-to-date, from $45.56 billion reported on January 1 to $48.5 billion.

Further checks showed that the FX reserves figure was $48.36 billion on Monday.

According to the CBN, FX reserves are assets held on reserve by a monetary authority in foreign currencies, which are used to back liabilities and influence monetary policy.

On December 22, 2025, the apex bank projected that the country’s external reserves would rise to $51.04 billion in 2026, saying the increase will be supported by FX reforms.

“Reforms in the foreign exchange market are expected to sustain exchange rate stability, while external reserves are projected to increase to US$51.04 billion,” CBN said.

On February 10, Olayemi Cardoso, governor of CBN, said the bank will do “whatever it takes” to safeguard the value of the naira, while strengthening the country’s external reserves.

Looking ahead to 2030, he said the CBN’s targets include achieving single-digit inflation and growing foreign exchange (FX) reserves driven by non-oil exports, foreign direct investment, and diaspora remittances.

 

Continue Reading

News

Ogun Police Launch Investigation Into TikToker Mirabel’s Sexual Assault Claims

Published

on

By

The Ogun State Police Command has launched an investigation into sexual assault allegations made by a TikToker known as Mirabel (@mirab351), who is currently receiving treatment in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

The case gained widespread attention after she posted emotional videos on Monday, February 16, detailing an attack she claimed occurred at her home the previous Sunday.

The command’s Public Relations Officer, Oluseyi Babaseyi, disclosed the development on Thursday while speaking on The Morning Brief.

Babaseyi confirmed that Mirabel voluntarily visited the Ibafo Police Division on Tuesday, February 17, to lodge a formal complaint and was subsequently admitted to the hospital for medical care due to her unstable condition.

“When the DPO in Ibafo met with her, she was taken to the hospital for medical analysis. She wasn’t as stable as necessary, but we ensured the investigation continued.

“As we speak, she is in the intensive care unit getting appropriate care. Her medical well-being is more important to us at this point. When she is stable, we can now continue investigations and get the necessary facts,” Babaseyi said.

According to Babaseyi, the incident reportedly occurred in Ogijo, a border community between Ogun and Lagos states.

The police have established that Mirabel was not arrested, but rather, she is being treated as a victim.

The command urges individuals with useful information to come forward and assist with the investigation.

“She was not arrested by the police. She reported a case, and we are investigating. Nothing like her arrest happened,” he said.

“If the allegation is established to be true, the perpetrator will be arrested and charged to court appropriately. Otherwise, the law also addresses giving false information,” the police stated.

The police said they will rely on evidence to reach a logical conclusion and take appropriate action.

“We advise people not to jump to conclusions based on emotions. We are investigating and will rely on evidence to reach a logical conclusion,” Babaseyi said.

Continue Reading

Trending