News
Three Young Children Found Dead In Bristol Home Were Stabbed To Death
Over the past few days, forensic post-mortem examinations have been carried out on the children. We can now confirm the cause of death for each child was knife injuries.
A baby along with his three-year-old sister and seven-year-brother who were found dead in a Bristol home, were stabbed to death.
Siblings Fares Bash, seven, Joury Bash, three, and nine-month-old Mohammed Bash were found dead in the Sea Mills area of the city on Sunday, February 18.
Avon and Somerset Police said a 42-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of their murder remains in hospital undergoing treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.
Police were called to a property in Blaise Walk at around 12:40am after a member of the public called with concerns for the children’s welfare.
Friends of the siblings, who were part of the city’s Sudanese community, have gathered at a local church to support one another and pay tribute.
In a statement released on Friday, Chief Inspector Vicks Hayward-Melen said: ‘The loss of such young children, who had their whole lives ahead of them, is truly heartbreaking and our thoughts remain with their family and everyone affected by this tragedy.
‘Our specialist liaison officers will continue to provide their next of kin with any help and support they need.
‘Over the past few days, forensic post-mortem examinations have been carried out on the children. We can now confirm the cause of death for each child was knife injuries.
‘A 42-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of their murder remains in hospital undergoing treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.’
The investigation into the incident is ‘progressing at pace’, the force added.
Ms Hayward-Melen said cordons in Blaise Walk had been lifted and a mobile police station would open in the Sea Mills area on Saturday and Sunday.
She previously told reporters that police believed the findings to be an isolated incident and there was no risk to the wider community.
The force said the Independent Office for Police Conduct had been informed about the incident due to ‘prior police contact’.
Avon and Somerset Police Crime Commissioner Mark Shelford added: ‘I am deeply saddened by the news of the deaths of three children in Sea Mills.
‘The deaths of these children is heartbreaking. My thoughts are with all those who knew and cared for these children and with the local community, who I know will be impacted.
‘The police have made an arrest and believe this to be an isolated incident. They have assessed that there is no further risk to the wider community.
‘There are questions to be asked about how such an appalling event has occurred and what could have been done to prevent it, but for now, I ask that people allow the police to investigate.’
A community vigil will take place to remember the children later at Sea Mills Square from 7:30pm this evening.
Paying tribute, Salwa Bashar, a family friend from Bristol, said: ‘I have known this family for over six years now. They are part of our community, they’re family friends.
‘She and her husband are a very big part of our community, they were just lovely people and were always smiling. She’s very friendly and he’s also really friendly.
‘I was shocked (when I heard the news) – I didn’t want to believe it, I didn’t want it to be true. I was, I still am, in shock. I was really really sad, I still am very sad.’
Ms Bashar, whose two young children were best friends with Fares, added: ‘Fares is the most intelligent child I have ever met, He was courteous and always wanted to know how you were. He’d say to me – ‘How are you Salwa?’.
‘He was no ordinary child, and I always believed he was going to become an extraordinary adult, doing extraordinary things. It breaks my heart that he and his sister and little brother are no longer with us.
‘They were such lovely children and they deserved to be protected by the authorities, who knew there were difficulties around them.
‘What has happened just seems unbelievable. I cannot believe they are no longer with us.’
Mayor of Bristol Martin Reeves wrote on Facebook: ‘It’s almost impossible to find the words to describe this afternoon’s devastating news from Sea Mills, Bristol
‘My thoughts are with all who knew these three young children – we will be working with schools, the community, and the police to support people.’
News
Polaris Bank Launches Global Gift Card Feature On VULTe
Polaris Bank, through its digital lifestyle platform VULTe, has introduced a faster, smarter way for users to send love, appreciation, and rewards across borders with the launch of its new Gift Card feature, enabling customers to deliver global brand gift cards to family and friends anywhere in the world in seconds.
Designed for speed, security, and everyday relevance, the feature allows users to choose from a wide range of international and local brands spanning groceries, beauty and wellness, fashion, electronics, entertainment, gaming, and lifestyle services, all seamlessly accessible on VULTe.
Whether it is paying for a Netflix subscription in London, sending Spotify Premium to a friend in Accra, gifting a Starbucks coffee in New York, or helping a loved one shop at Amazon or Shoprite, VULTe’s Gift Card feature transforms digital transfers into meaningful real world experiences, powered by Polaris Bank’s secure digital infrastructure.
Users simply log in to VULTe, select Lifestyle, choose Gift Card, pick a preferred brand, enter the amount and recipient’s email, confirm the transaction, and authorize with their PIN. The gift card is delivered instantly, removing shipping delays, currency barriers, and geographic limitations.
The Gift Card catalogue includes leading brands and platforms such as Amazon, SureGift, Visa and MasterCard Prepaid Cards, iTunes and Apple, Google Play, Steam, Razer Gold, Netflix, Spotify, Starbucks, and PaySafeCard, covering everything from physical goods and digital content to subscriptions, gaming, and everyday essentials.
With this feature on VULTe, Polaris Bank reinforces its commitment to digital innovation and lifestyle banking, positioning VULTe as a bridge between financial services and everyday global experiences, enabling customers to turn simple moments into meaningful connections delivered instantly, securely, and without borders.
Polaris Bank was adjudged Nigeria’s Digital Bank of the Year in 2025,2024,2023, 2022 and 2021 and MSME Bank of the Year 2022, 2023 and 2024 in Business Day’s Banks and Other Financial Institutions (BAFI) Awards.
News
No Mercy For Shutters: Governor Soludo Seals Recalcitrant Shops in Anambra
The Anambra State Government has intensified its enforcement of the directive to end the Monday sit-at-home by sealing multiple shops in Onitsha and surrounding areas for failing to open for business.
JomogNews gathered that most of the sealed shops were at the Building Materials Market, Ogidi, where traders did not open for business on Monday.
The state government, however, commended many traders who came to the market that day, especially those at the Electrical Parts Dealers Market, Obosi.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Markets, Evarist Uba, undertook a routine monitoring exercise to assess the level of compliance with the state government’s directive for markets to open on Mondays.
During the tour, Uba reported that a substantial number of shops at the Electrical Parts Dealers Market, Obosi, were open for business on Monday, marking a notable departure from the prolonged weekly lockdowns that have stifled economic activities across the state.
He said, “The Obosi Electrical Parts Market is a key hub for electrical components in the Southeast, and I’m happy to see a significant level of activity.
“The government is intentionally building a state that embraces productivity. The government of Anambra State, under the leadership of Governor Chukwuma Soludo, is highly impressed by the courage and patriotism displayed by the electrical parts dealers in Obosi, as 80 percent of the market is open.
“Their decision to open their shops is a clear testament to their faith in the government’s efforts to restore peace and their commitment to the economic prosperity of the state.”
At the Building Materials Market, Ogidi, some shops that were under lock and key were sealed by the state government. The Special Adviser commended those who complied and warned that the sealed shops would remain closed for two weeks.
Leaders of the markets who spoke during the tour expressed their support for the government’s stance.
The Chairman of the Electrical Parts Dealers Association, Obosi, Chike Onunkwo, and Chief Jude Nwankwo, President of the International Building Materials Market, Ogidi, praised the enhanced security provided by the state.
They pointed out that the government has shown commitment and, as such, traders must play their part in rebuilding the state economy.
The monitoring committee comprised the Commissioner for Information, Dr. Law Mefor; the Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, AVM Ben Chiobi (rtd); and the Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Christian Aburime.
The team also visited other major markets in Nnewi and Onitsha, among others, to monitor compliance with the government’s directive.
News
Tinubu Reaffirms Confidence In Ribadu Amid Rising Security Successes
President Bola Tinubu has publicly commended National Security Adviser (NSA) Nuhu Ribadu, expressing full confidence that Nigeria will defeat terrorism and banditry under his leadership.
Speaking in Yola, Adamawa State, during the inauguration of projects completed by the state government, Tinubu praised Ribadu who is an Adamawa native for his dedication and the “evident results” of his security strategies.
“I believe the state of Adamawa is strongly proud of you because I am too,” the President said, reaffirming his administration’s support for the NSA.
President Tinubu also reiterated the Federal Government’s determination to tackle insecurity across the country, stating that under Ribadu’s guidance, Nigeria would overcome banditry and terrorism.
“With you, we will defeat the bandits and terrorists,” he added.
-
News17 hours agoNo Mercy For Shutters: Governor Soludo Seals Recalcitrant Shops in Anambra
-
News1 day agoJoint Security Task Force Thwarts Bandit Attack In Ifelodun LGA
-
News1 day agoPanic In Kwara As Terror Group Issues Written Threat To Three Towns
-
News19 hours agoNo More VAT On Land, Buildings, And Rent, Oyedele Confirms
-
News18 hours agoTinubu Reaffirms Confidence In Ribadu Amid Rising Security Successes
-
News2 days agoEl-Rufai Questions NSA Ribadu Over Procurement Of Polish Chemicals
-
News3 hours agoPolaris Bank Launches Global Gift Card Feature On VULTe
