News
Abuja Disco To Disconnect Barracks, 84 MDAs Over N47.1bn Debt
The Abuja Electricity Distribution PLC has threatened to disconnect the electricity supply of 86 Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) over a total debt of N47.1bn.
Some of the MDAs include the Ministry of Finance, Information, Budget, Works and Housing, barracks, Nigeria Police Force, Presidential Villa, CBN Governor, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), and state liaison offices in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
In a disconnection notice on Monday, the disco gave the MDAs 10 days to comply and defray their debts or risk blackout from February 28, 2024.
“The Abuja Electricity Distribution PLC is constrained to do this publication with the details of Government, Ministries, Departments and Agencies with long outstanding unpaid bills for services rendered to them through the provision of electricity supply in that our previous attempts to make them honour their obligations have not achieved the desired results,” the notice read.
“The relevant MDAs are hereby given notice that the AEDC shall after the expiration of 10 days from the date of this publication, that is, after Wednesday, 28th February, 2024, embark on the disconnection of our services to them until they discharge their obligations to us by paying their debts.”
Full List:

Nigeria’s power generation sector has been embroiled in debt burden for years. Last week, the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, said electricity distribution companies (DisCos) should sit up otherwise anyone found wanting will have its licence withdrawn.
The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) had also disclosed plans to sell off the remaining 40 percent shares of the Federal Government in the DisCos in 2024 while the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) had time after time revoked DisCos’ operational licences due to debts to the tune of billions of naira.
Over the years, the Federal Government, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), and some banks took over some discos due to alleged poor performance and liquidity crisis.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
News
Tragedy In Ondo: Gunmen Attack Palace, Traditional Ruler Killed
The Ondo State Police Command has confirmed the assassination of Oba Kehinde Falodun, the traditional ruler of the Agamọ community.
According to command spokesperson DSP Abayomi Jimoh, the monarch was attacked on Wednesday at approximately 7:10 p.m.
Jimoh said the information was received by the division at about 7:50 p.m. from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu,
He said the information indicated that approximately six armed men stormed the residence of the traditional ruler, forcibly took him from his compound, and subsequently fled the scene.
“The victim was later found a few metres away with gunshot wounds. He was confirmed dead at the scene.
“Upon receipt of the report, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), alongside tactical teams from the command, promptly mobilised officers in collaboration with local security outfits.
“Atuluse Security, local hunters, and Amotekun operatives also assisted to comb adjoining bushes and surrounding areas in a bid to apprehend the perpetrators. Efforts are ongoing to track down and arrest the fleeing suspects.
“Monitoring and surveillance activities have been intensified across the area to ensure the safety of residents and prevent further breakdown of law and order.
“The public are assured that no stone will be left unturned in bringing those responsible for the heinous act to justice,” he said.
According to him, members of the public with credible and actionable information are urged to report to the nearest police station or contact the command.
News
37 Miners Killed By Toxic Gas In Plateau; FG Yet To React
The Federal government has remained silent after reports emerged that carbon monoxide, a poisonous gas, left 37 miners dead and 25 hospitalized at a mining site located in the Zurak Wase Local Government of Plateau State.
This was disclosed in a report by a security journalist, Zagazola Makama, on Wednesday.
Sources told Makama that the incident occurred at the Solid Mining Company early on Feb. 18.
The victims are between 20 and 35 years old and were conducting routine mining operations when they inhaled toxic gas that had accumulated in the poorly ventilated tunnels, the report said.
Makama said, “The site is under strict control, and emergency protocols are being followed to manage the situation,” a source told Makama.
Meanwhile, there is no indication that the Nigerian government nor the Plateau State, and security operatives have reacted to the incident or done anything on the matter.
There are no official statements from both quarters confirming or debunking the incident as of filing this report on Wednesday.
-
News2 days agoDSS Witness Details How ISWAP Unit Planned And Executed Owo Church Massacre
-
News2 days agoRamadan 2026: Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon, Holy Month Begins Wednesday
-
News1 day agoDefend Our Sovereignty: Falana, Ibrahim, Bugaje Reject US Military Presence
-
News1 day agoDangote Projects Naira Appreciation To N1,100/$ In 2026
-
News23 hours ago37 Miners Killed By Toxic Gas In Plateau; FG Yet To React
-
News4 hours agoTragedy In Ondo: Gunmen Attack Palace, Traditional Ruler Killed
-
News1 hour agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
