Connect with us

News

Delta: Omo-Agege Congratulates Gov. Oborevwori Following Supreme Court Verdict

Published

on

Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege, governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Friday, congratulated Gov. Sheriff Oborevwori of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) as the winner of the March 18, 2023, governorship election in Delta.

Mr Omo-Agege’s felicitation message, signed by him, was made available to journalists in Asaba in his reaction to the Supreme Court verdict that affirmed Mr Oborevwori’s victory in the election on Friday in Abuja.

Mr Oborevwori, in the March 18, 2023 election, defeated Mr Omo-Agege, winning 21 local government areas (LGAs) out of 25 LGAs as declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Since then, the APC candidate contested the election but failed to upturn the victory from the tribunals, through the Appeal Court and finally at the Supreme Court.

Mr Omo-Agege, in his statement after the Supreme Court verdict, said: “To my dear brother, His Excellency, Rt. Honourable Sherrif Oborevwori, the Governor of Delta State, accept my congratulations on your victory today.

“It has been a long-drawn-out struggle to offer our people the best in the governance of our State.

“It is about the collective interest and good of our people, not our personal interest.

“Having now received the Supreme Court’s seal of approval, I must wish you well as a democrat.

“May the good Lord guide and abide with you and give you good health, strength and wisdom to govern our State well in Jesus’ Name”.

He, however, said that his effort to upturn Mr Oborevwori’s victory was disallowed by the Supreme Court but affirmed the return of Oborevwori as duly elected governor of Delta.

“As the final court of the land, all citizens are bound to accept and abide by its decisions even if they do not accord with their personal or collective expectations of justice.

“So, we ask our people to respect today’s decision and give their best to promote peace everywhere in our beloved Delta State.

“The unity, peace, and general good of our dear state are bigger and more important than any individual or group interest.

“Having responsibly and fully played our role in principled defence of our fervent belief in the truth, honour and justice of our case and cause as democrats;

“We must now yield all to posterity, even as we thank God Almighty, who gave us the grace to stand in the first place,” Mr Omo-Agege said.

Mr Omo-Agege, who was the immediate past Deputy Senate President, thanked his wife and children and entire family for their huge sacrifices in his quest to offer innovative and caring leadership to the people of Delta.

“I am particularly immensely grateful to His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for his genuine commitment and extraordinary support for our cause as the leader of our great party, the APC and a great statesman.

“Further, I sincerely thank the National Working Committee (NWC) and, indeed, the entire national leadership of our party, ably led by His Excellency Alhaji Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, for their unwavering support.

“We are equally grateful to the Delta State Executive Committee of the APC under the leadership of Elder Omeni Sobotie for its dedication to duty, godly counsel, and support.

“We are also eternally grateful to our Campaign Organisation which, devotedly led by Elder Godsday Orubebe as Director-General, championed our campaign everywhere in Delta for a better State and country”.

He also expressed his gratitude to members of the legal team led by Mr Robert Emokpoeruo (SAN) for their extraordinary scholarship, industry and commitment to the course of justice.

“In the same way, we thank all our respected political, religious, community, business, professional, and youth leaders, great friends and indeed all our party members and supporters for all they did to support us. May the good Lord bless you all.

“To my dear and dependable brother and running mate, the Rt. Hon. Friday Osanebi, thank you for your strong character and firm belief in God, who gives power as it pleases Him alone.

“We ran a great race. Hold your head high as a man of honour. I pray the Almighty God rewards your faithfulness and loyalty beyond ordinary human comprehension.”

NAN

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

News

Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges

Published

on

By

Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.

 

 

The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.

 

 

According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:

 

Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.

 

She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.

 

She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.

 

Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.

 

Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.

The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.

 

The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.

Statement from Maureen Badejo

Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.

 

 

“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.

 

 

However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.

Continue Reading

News

Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention

Published

on

By

The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.

The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.

JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.

More details later….

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending