Connect with us

News

How My sister’s Husband Buried Her Without Telling Us How She Died – Nigerian Woman Narrates

Published

on

A Nigerian woman, Angel Presh, has shared a touching story about her sister, Onyinyechukwu Divine Obioma, who died last year, leaving a newborn behind.

Taking to Facebook on Thursday, July 6, 2023, Angel narrated how her sister’s husband buried her without formally informing their family how she died, claiming he had right to her corpse since he paid her bride price.

Narrating further, Angel alleged that her brother-in-law also attempted to take custody of her sister’s baby, who turned one today.

Read her post below:

6-07-2022, a day to always remember. One year passed already without seeing you Divine Paul my kid sis that loves me so much.

In as much as I don’t know where exactly your husband buried you. In as much as you were buried like a day old baby

In as much as he didn’t inform daddy and his kinsmen officially of your death from last year July you died and was buried.

Your corpse was not taken to your fathers compound for daddy’s kinsmen that waited for him to come and give details on what happened to you but he rather buried you with his friends claiming he had paid your bride price and therefore he has the right to your corpse

He then came bk to kano and met daddy only to demand for your baby(Who just clocked one year old today) of course daddy resisted that the child is just too tender for such an undertaking

Under continuous pressure….your husband went and lodged his complaints to the NAPTIP TEAM that I kidnapped your daughter

The officials of NAPTIP, after having considered the implications in the case, advised us to go and settle..…

Your husband reported the case to the state CID Bompai…Daddy and I were promptly arrested and I was even locked up in the cell after some few hours I was released because they felt I was a threat to them and also with a fake medical report..…

The case was charged to court by the Ipo after much pressure to give him the baby which I resisted just because I was fighting for the survival of the baby.

Daddy and I were served papers from the high court on the 22nd of November to report on the 15th of December…so, on the 28th of November the Ipo from state CID came to my residence and said the oc legal wants to settle the case between us

Immediately I saw your husband car with his friends behind us not knowing it was a tricky move to unknown direction..They finally drove silently into the court premises at nomansland

Your husband and I made statement…after exhaustive hearings the judge adjourned the case

Finally the court had another sitting..in which the judge acquainted and discharge the case. I won!!!

THE LORD Is MY JUDGE…THE LORD IS MY LAWGIVER!THE LORD IS MY KING .HE HAS SAVED ME

Onyinyechukwu Divine Obioma I would have said that you should rest in peace but what is the use of peace without Justice??? May your killers and all those who support them never know peace!!!

Your dearest daughter, Ifunanya praises is one year old today and she’s doing very good with me

My dearest Ify baby

I decree into life this day, My daughter

You shall be the light others will look up to. You shall live to honour God all the days of your life. The things your mum couldn’t achieve and the height she couldn’t attain

You shall achieve it all and more and more…Nothing dies in your hand

Your life and destiny attracts nothing buh favour…Strength and grace

Men shall see nothing but GOD in all the affairs of your life in Jesus name Amen

Happy Birthday

Signed: Her mother’s daughter

News

Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack

Published

on

By

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.

During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.

The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.

Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.

According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.

During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.

A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.

While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.

“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”

Continue Reading

News

Brake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba

Published

on

By

One person died and four others were rescued following a road accident at Ekoro Junction, Abule-Egba, on Friday evening, according to a statement from the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority.

The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department of LASTMA, Adebayo Taofiq, made this known in a statement issued on the agency’s X handle on Saturday.

According to the agency, the crash occurred at about 7:30 p.m. when an empty MACK tanker suffered a sudden brake failure, lost control and rammed into a Toyota Corolla before crashing into a roadside shop.

LASTMA said the tanker, with registration number EKY 900 XY, collided with a Toyota Corolla marked AAA 823 AY.

The impact caused extensive structural damage to the shop and triggered panic among traders and pedestrians in the area.

“The magnitude of the collision led to the immediate confirmation of one fatality at the scene, while four other trapped persons were extricated from the wreckage through coordinated emergency rescue efforts,” the agency stated.

The authority said it immediately activated its Rescue and Recovery Protocol, deploying specialised operatives to manage the situation.

“Personnel implemented strategic traffic diversion, vehicular evacuation procedures and crowd management in synergy with other emergency responders to forestall secondary incidents and guarantee unobstructed access for rescue operations,” LASTMA added.

It stated that emergency teams carried out rescue operations and provided medical attention to the injured victims.

According to the agency, a heavy-duty tow truck was later deployed to evacuate the damaged tanker and clear debris from the road to restore normal traffic flow.

The agency disclosed that the tanker driver fled the scene shortly after the crash and security operatives have since launched efforts to apprehend the driver and initiate legal proceedings.

“Security personnel from the Nigeria Police Force, Ekoro Division, responded expeditiously, maintaining public order, securing the accident perimeter and assisting in investigative processes aimed at establishing the precise sequence of events that culminated in the mechanical failure and subsequent collision.

“The incident precipitated considerable traffic congestion extending across adjoining routes toward Abule-Egba, necessitating robust traffic management interventions by LASTMA officials who remained on ground directing vehicular movement and implementing diversion strategies to alleviate the backlog,” it said.

According to the agency, its General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, expressed condolences to the family of the deceased and urged transport operators, particularly drivers of articulated vehicles, to prioritise routine vehicle maintenance.

“Preventable mechanical deficiencies remain a significant contributory factor in severe road traffic crashes,” Bakare-Oki said.

He also advised motorists to exercise vigilance, obey traffic regulations and maintain responsible driving practices, especially within densely populated commercial corridors.

Bakare-Oki assured the public that security agencies would conduct a thorough investigation to determine the immediate and remote causes of the incident and ensure that anyone found culpable would be prosecuted in accordance with extant laws.

The agency said other emergency responders at the scene included the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the Lagos State Ambulance Service, the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit and officers of the Nigeria Police Force, collaborated to coordinate rescue, medical response and environmental safety measures.

Continue Reading

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

Trending