Entertainment
I’ll Quit Comedy In Next 5 Yrs, I Have Made Enough — Basketmouth
Popular Nigerian comedian, Bright Okpocha better known as Basketmouth in a recent statement disclosed that he would be quitting comedy professionally in the next 5 (five) years.
Basketmouth made this known during an interview on Hiltz FM where he utters that he had just been floating for the past six years and decided to return to comedy last year.
Basketmouth who has a beefing issue with colleague, AY Makun is well known for his versatility over the years as he has participated in various niche of entertainment industry that include, singing, acting, hosting events, social media influencer, promoter among others.
Basketmouth said he would keep cracking jokes after he quits, but not professionally as he wouldn’t be charging anyone any longer noting that he has made enough so far.
Speaking on his desire o have a new experience, Basketmouth said;
“For the past six years I have just been floating, last year I told myself and my team, you know what I am going back to comedy I want to do five years and I am quitting. I am quitting in 5 years. I have got five years to do this and I am done. I will still be cracking jokes but it wouldn’t be a professional thing. So if you see me doing any gig, it is maybe I am doing pro bono but i will not charge anybody to perform again. I have made enough, I have committed myself to the art enough to take a break or quit. I am now into movies, series, and concert production. I want to experience something new and I want to be remembered for something else other than comedy.”
Watch the video below;
View this post on Instagram
This is coming few months after Basketmouth put an end to his 12-year-old marriage with wife Elsie Uzoma Okpocha whom they both have 3 children together.
Entertainment
TikTok Star Peller Escapes Unhurt After Fire Guts Generator At Lagos Mansion
Nigerian TikTok star and livestreamer Habeeb Hamzat, popularly known as Peller has narrowly escaped a fire incident at his new Lagos home in the early hours of Saturday.
The incident centered on his generator, which caught fire and was completely engulfed in flames.
Peller shared footage of the blaze on his Instagram page, appearing visibly shaken and calling for help as the fire raged.
The blaze, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, was eventually extinguished with buckets of water. While the generator was completely destroyed, the house and its occupants were unharmed.
In the footage, Peller appears visibly shaken as he calls for assistance to put out the flames.
He captioned the post, “This happen early this morning, my new generator almost burn down my new house, but God saved us, it take us over 30 minutes to off the fire, All I can say is God saved us”.
Fans and followers expressed relief in the comment section, attributing quick intervention for the fortunate outcome.
The incident followed a previous scare involving Peller on the Lekki-Epe Expressway, where he crashed his vehicle during a livestream.
Entertainment
Regina Daniels Speaks Out On Children’s Welfare Amid Separation From Husband Ned Nwoko
Actress Regina Daniels has publicly expressed deep concern for the safety and welfare of her two sons, Prince Munir (Moon) and Prince Khalifa (Kharly), following her widely reported separation from her estranged husband, Senator Ned Nwoko.
In a message shared on her son’s school social media page, the actress commended the institution for its efforts and expressed pride in her son’s growth and achievements.
She also appealed to the school authorities to look after her children in her absence.
Regina described her son as the “blessed fruit of my womb,” assuring him of her unwavering prayers and constant watchfulness despite being away.
She wrote, “Oh my Moon! Blessed fruit of my womb! Mama is so proud! Grow in good health, my child! I will always watch and pray over you from afar. @LincolnAmericanAcademy I trust you to look after my babies well.”
Regina’s emotional statement came amid separation from estranged husband, Ned Nwoko and difficulty in having access to their children.
Entertainment
2Baba Finally Addresses 2025 London Altercation With Wife Natasha Osawaru
In recent a interview, music icon 2Baba (Innocent Idibia) has addressed the widely reported 2025 London altercation with his new wife, Natasha Osawaru, a member of the Edo State House of Assembly.
The music star made the revelation during an appearance on the Mic On podcast, where he spoke honestly about lessons learned from difficult moments in his life and career.
According to the father of six, there are several situations he wishes he had approached differently, especially those shaped by emotional pressure and stress.
While speaking on the podcast, 2Baba also revisited a controversial incident in London involving a disagreement with his wife, Natasha Osawaru, which led to his arrest in October 2025.
The singer took responsibility for the episode, admitting that his reaction at the time was fueled by anger.
“I was angry that day. It was an unfortunate incident,” the singer said.
He explained that managing personal challenges alongside public life has not always been easy, adding that some experiences have pushed him to reassess how he handles conflict and pressure.
The award-winning artiste further noted that emotional strain can sometimes cloud judgment, stressing that he now understands the importance of responding more carefully in tense situations.
“There are so many things I wish I could rewind and do better. As a human being, there are times when you are overwhelmed or don’t make the best decisions. My thick-skin is weaker now,” he said.
2Baba added that these life experiences have left him more reflective, teaching him valuable lessons about accountability, emotional control, and personal growth.
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
-
News7 hours agoBrake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba
-
News3 hours agoCouple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
-
Entertainment4 hours agoTikTok Star Peller Escapes Unhurt After Fire Guts Generator At Lagos Mansion
