News
Tinubu’s Victory: Obidients Resort To Prophecies, Keep Hope Alive
Propelled by the philosophy of existentialism, ‘Obidients’, supporters of Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s presidential candidate in last month’s election are now hinging their hopes on prophecies to unturn the president-elect, Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s victory.
To Obidients, it would only take a little while for Peter Obi to reclaim his victory.
One of the prophecies Obidients have benchmarked their hope on is that of Bishop Feyi Daniels, senior pastor and founder of IReign Christian Family.
The Cleric had prophesied that after the 2023 presidential election, the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Bola Tinubu, would falsely be announced the winner, and Peter Obi would cry and challenge the results.
He further stated that Vice President Yemi Osinbajo would be announced as interim President.
Speaking to his members on February 19, the pastor said Tinubu would be arrested by the military on the day of his swearing-in.
He further explained that following a court ruling, the Labour Party presidential candidate would succeed Osinbajo as the substantive President.
Also, the General Overseer of Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, had a few weeks before the election and said an “Angel of God” told him that the name of Nigeria’s next President is in the Bible.
Oyakhilome said the candidate is scared of winning but doesn’t want to lose.
“Then, in the spirit, the third candidate feared winning. He didn’t want to lose, but he was scared of winning. Then I prayed, Lord, give him wings to fly! His name is in the Bible,” the clergyman said
Of the three presidential candidates, only ‘Peter’ who represents the Labour Party, is in the Bible.
Also speaking on the 2023 election. Pastor Isaiah Wealth of Gospel Pillars Church also prophesied that Peter Obi will be President.
According to him, the Lord has provided and opened a door for Peter Obi and no man can shut it.
He said God said he will create confusion in his opponent’s midst and Peter Obi will emerge victorious
“I saw lightning strike on the nation. I saw a celebration. I saw Nigeria white. I saw everybody celebrating, finally we have a good person in the presidency,” he said.
Also, Pastor Kingsley Okwuwe stated that Peter Obi will be sworn in as President of Nigeria in 2023 but it will not happen on May 29 2023.
He stressed that God is preparing Yemi Osinbajo for the interim government.
“Peter Obi is the perfect will of God. God has put some quality in him to lift Nigeria from falling. Nigeria is at the verge of falling but God has prepared Peter Obi to lift Nigeria from falling.
“I said in June 2022 Nigerians should expect an interim government. The government is an extension of the Buhari government and they will hand over to Peter Obi. There is going to be a military intervention,” he stated.
Reacting to the different prophecies, some supporters of Peter Obi had this to say on Twitter;
@T_akinpade, Tinubu and APC are trying so hard to stop the prophecy from happening, so they’re trying to destroy evidence that will make Peter Obi win in court. The more they try to run away from the prophecy the more they fulfill the prophecy.
@OgeFavourUche1, Dear Father in heaven, even if no prophecy is fulfilled in my life, no problems. But you see the one that will make Peter Obi recover our stolen mandate, let it fulfill speedily cos the earnest expectations of millions of Nigerian youths awaits the manifestation. It is done.
@_Samisamuel_, “We wait on this prophecy Lord. We know it’s only POssible in a new Nigeria, and the only one who preaches this message of new Nigeria is our real elected President. Please Lord don’t let your word fall into the ground, do it for us. @PeterObi remains my President.
@Paulopalmeer, Get ready for the worst. It’s going to be a long year. The prophecy is writing itself out. Peter obi will be the next President by the third half of the year. Pin this tweet.
@henry_odenigbo, There would be an interim government, Osibanjo might head that interim government before the people’s President
@PeterObi will be sworn in. Mark my words.
@iyke_nwabuk, He said BAT would rig and be declared the winner. Tinubu would buga, He bugad when he was given a certificate of return. Peter Obi would Cry,he cried today during his press conference .
@kanayoz, Peter Gregory Obi will be the first president of Nigeria that will get his mandate from the supreme court, after serious revote of the people, the intervention of the army and a set of interim government committee to be in place, Tinubu will not be sworn in, be rest assured.
However, in a chat with a cleric, Pastor Adebayo Oladeji, former spokesman, Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, he said Nigerians should allow the court to take its full course.
He stated that the essence of all the flying prophecies about the election’s outcome would come alive in due time.
Oladeji also condemned the ‘politicisation’ of prophecies by clerics in the country.
”God does not think the way we think. His ways are not our ways. We don’t know if what these prophets are saying is right until the process ends.
”We can’t say they are telling lies for now until at the end of the court processes. There is a prophet that predicted that Tinubu will win and people are not talking about that one. We have to wait for the end of the process. The court process has just started.
”As a Christian and clergy, we have heard those who prophesied that Tinubu, Obi and Atiku will win. The contradiction now means that it is not all of them that are hearing from God.
”We have some of them doing copyright. When they hear that one prophet has said this and they realise that people believe it, they copy it and behave like it is their own to attract a crowd to their pages. On social media, the more crowd you have or your traffic, the more money into your pocket. Until the whole process is complete, we can’t say who is wrong and who is right. I only condemn the politicisation of prophecy.
”If God says something to you, try and say it to your church not to the world because a lot of people who don’t know how God operates will be confused.
”For now it is too early to call any pastor fake. My message to Nigerians is that let the will of God be done. Whether we like it or not, politicians will rig. In the developed world, they don’t focus on who wins the election, they focus on the process.”
News
Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.
During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.
The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.
Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.
According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.
During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.
A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.
While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.
In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.
“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.
“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”
News
Brake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba
One person died and four others were rescued following a road accident at Ekoro Junction, Abule-Egba, on Friday evening, according to a statement from the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority.
The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department of LASTMA, Adebayo Taofiq, made this known in a statement issued on the agency’s X handle on Saturday.
According to the agency, the crash occurred at about 7:30 p.m. when an empty MACK tanker suffered a sudden brake failure, lost control and rammed into a Toyota Corolla before crashing into a roadside shop.
LASTMA said the tanker, with registration number EKY 900 XY, collided with a Toyota Corolla marked AAA 823 AY.
The impact caused extensive structural damage to the shop and triggered panic among traders and pedestrians in the area.
“The magnitude of the collision led to the immediate confirmation of one fatality at the scene, while four other trapped persons were extricated from the wreckage through coordinated emergency rescue efforts,” the agency stated.
The authority said it immediately activated its Rescue and Recovery Protocol, deploying specialised operatives to manage the situation.
“Personnel implemented strategic traffic diversion, vehicular evacuation procedures and crowd management in synergy with other emergency responders to forestall secondary incidents and guarantee unobstructed access for rescue operations,” LASTMA added.
It stated that emergency teams carried out rescue operations and provided medical attention to the injured victims.
According to the agency, a heavy-duty tow truck was later deployed to evacuate the damaged tanker and clear debris from the road to restore normal traffic flow.
The agency disclosed that the tanker driver fled the scene shortly after the crash and security operatives have since launched efforts to apprehend the driver and initiate legal proceedings.
“Security personnel from the Nigeria Police Force, Ekoro Division, responded expeditiously, maintaining public order, securing the accident perimeter and assisting in investigative processes aimed at establishing the precise sequence of events that culminated in the mechanical failure and subsequent collision.
“The incident precipitated considerable traffic congestion extending across adjoining routes toward Abule-Egba, necessitating robust traffic management interventions by LASTMA officials who remained on ground directing vehicular movement and implementing diversion strategies to alleviate the backlog,” it said.
According to the agency, its General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, expressed condolences to the family of the deceased and urged transport operators, particularly drivers of articulated vehicles, to prioritise routine vehicle maintenance.
“Preventable mechanical deficiencies remain a significant contributory factor in severe road traffic crashes,” Bakare-Oki said.
He also advised motorists to exercise vigilance, obey traffic regulations and maintain responsible driving practices, especially within densely populated commercial corridors.
Bakare-Oki assured the public that security agencies would conduct a thorough investigation to determine the immediate and remote causes of the incident and ensure that anyone found culpable would be prosecuted in accordance with extant laws.
The agency said other emergency responders at the scene included the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the Lagos State Ambulance Service, the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit and officers of the Nigeria Police Force, collaborated to coordinate rescue, medical response and environmental safety measures.
News
Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.
NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.
The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)
In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.
The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
-
News7 hours agoBrake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba
-
News3 hours agoCouple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
-
Entertainment4 hours agoTikTok Star Peller Escapes Unhurt After Fire Guts Generator At Lagos Mansion
