News
Drivers Without License Will No Longer Drive Nigeria- Peter Obi
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi has made a veiled reference to the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) stating that drivers without license will no longer drive this vehicle called Nigeria.
JomogNews Nigeria reports that Peter Obi stated that Nigeria suffers from a lack of true, visionary and sacrificial leaders.
Obi stated that the country’s leaders had for long neglected the vast wealth in human and natural resources which could have blossomed the country’s development across the North and South becuase of oil exploration.
He said that a visionary leader in the country would have invested in agriculture and put the rich, vast lands of the North to good use.
The former Anambra State governor stated this in Owerri, Imo State while speaking as a guest speaker at Jamie Pajoel International Leadership Conference on Saturday.
He said, “I shared my ideas with the youths yesterday at Jamie Pajoel International Leadership Conference in Owerri, I stated that “drivers without license will no longer drive this vehicle called Nigeria”.
“This is borne out of the fact that Nigeria suffers from lack of true, visionary and sacrificial leadership. I reiterated my stand that the vast landmass in the North remains one of the best assets of our nation.
“It is, however unfortunate that such treasure is left unexplored, while the country totally depend on oil revenue. A visionary leadership in the country would invest in agriculture and put the rich, vast lands of the North to good use.”
The Labour Party presidential candidate further called on Nigerians to focus on electing a candidate with competence who would fix the economic problems affecting the country.
He warned that electing a candidate based on ethnicity and religion would increase the high cost of living, insecurity and unemployment ravaging both Muslims and Christians, Northerners and Southerners.
“In the coming elections, therefore, we refuse to be divided along ethnic and religious lines. Hunger and suffering know no tribe. Christians do not buy food anywhere cheaper than Muslims.
“The high cost of living, high level of insecurity and every other challenge is affecting all Nigerians equally, irrespective of tribe and religion.
“We must then unite as one and rally behind capable leaders with verifiable track records of success for the sake of our collective interest.”
Peter Obi had earlier on Saturday commissioned the state Labour Party building donated by a philanthropist, Dr. Libo Agwara.
Speaking at the event, Peter Obi said, “The building will in many ways, aid in the work and management of Labour Party in the State. May God bless the donor.
“I am also sincerely grateful for the sacrifices of the OBIdients who willingly commit their resources, time and energy to the Movement. Ours is not a political campaign, it is a movement towards taking back our dear country. Together we will succeed!”
News
Maureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
Maureen Omorinola Badejo is scheduled to appear before the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos, on February 20, 2026, following charges filed by the Inspector-General of Police over allegations bordering on defamation, cyberstalking, and related offences.
The charges arise from online publications made in November 2021, in which Ms. Badejo allegedly transmitted statements and videos on YouTube and Facebook concerning Apostle Johnson Suleman and his associate Dickson Omodiale Osajie.
According to the charge sheet, the prosecution alleges that:
Ms. Badejo conspired with others to publish defamatory content against Apostle Suleman.
She allegedly portrayed him as a cultist, rapist, assassin, ritualist, and other criminal labels, knowing the claims to be false.
She is accused of sending false messages via computer networks intended to cause annoyance, hatred, intimidation, and injury to reputation.
Additional allegations state that defamatory statements were also made against Mr. Dickson Osajie, claiming involvement in crimes such as rape and ritual killing.
Authorities further allege that the publications caused fear for safety and threatened bodily harm to the complainants.
The offences cited fall under provisions of the Criminal Code Act (Cap C38, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004) and the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Act, 2015.
The case follows a formal petition submitted to the Nigeria Police Force by Mr. Osajie, who alleged persistent cyberstalking, harassment, invasion of privacy, threats to life, and dissemination of false information affecting himself, Apostle Suleman, and their families.
Statement from Maureen Badejo
Ms. Badejo maintains her readiness to face the court and present her defense, expressing confidence in the Nigerian judicial system to ensure fairness and justice.
“I will appear in court as required and trust that the truth will prevail through due legal process,” she stated.
However Ms. Badejo is expected to be formally arraigned before the Federal High Court in Ikoyi, where the charges will be read and she will enter her plea.
News
Rivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
The Rivers State House of Assembly has officially suspended impeachment proceedings against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Ngozi Odu, following President Bola Tinubu’s intervention.
The House moved the motion to halt the impeachment process on Thursday at its resumed sitting in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
JomogNews had reported that during its first sitting of 2026, the House had begun impeachment proceedings against the governor and his deputy over allegations of gross misconduct, including the demolition of the State Assembly complex and alleged spending without legislative approval, among other claims.
More details later….
News
Reserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
Nigeria’s foreign exchange (FX) reserves have reached $48.5 billion, their highest level in nearly 13 years.
This milestone, confirmed by data from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), surpasses previous multi-year peaks and represents the strongest balance since May 14, 2013, when reserves stood at approximately $48.51 billion.
However, the data showed that the foreign reserves increased steadily by 6.45 percent or $2.94 billion year-to-date, from $45.56 billion reported on January 1 to $48.5 billion.
Further checks showed that the FX reserves figure was $48.36 billion on Monday.
According to the CBN, FX reserves are assets held on reserve by a monetary authority in foreign currencies, which are used to back liabilities and influence monetary policy.
On December 22, 2025, the apex bank projected that the country’s external reserves would rise to $51.04 billion in 2026, saying the increase will be supported by FX reforms.
“Reforms in the foreign exchange market are expected to sustain exchange rate stability, while external reserves are projected to increase to US$51.04 billion,” CBN said.
On February 10, Olayemi Cardoso, governor of CBN, said the bank will do “whatever it takes” to safeguard the value of the naira, while strengthening the country’s external reserves.
Looking ahead to 2030, he said the CBN’s targets include achieving single-digit inflation and growing foreign exchange (FX) reserves driven by non-oil exports, foreign direct investment, and diaspora remittances.
-
News2 days agoDefend Our Sovereignty: Falana, Ibrahim, Bugaje Reject US Military Presence
-
News2 days agoDangote Projects Naira Appreciation To N1,100/$ In 2026
-
News18 hours agoTragedy In Ondo: Gunmen Attack Palace, Traditional Ruler Killed
-
News15 hours agoRivers Assembly Suspends Impeachment Move Against Fubara After Tinubu’s Intervention
-
News2 days ago37 Miners Killed By Toxic Gas In Plateau; FG Yet To React
-
News24 hours agoSterling HoldCo Commences Allotment Of Public Offer Shares
-
News16 hours agoOgun Police Launch Investigation Into TikToker Mirabel’s Sexual Assault Claims
-
News15 hours agoReserves Surge To $48.5bn As Nigeria Reclaims 2013 Peak Levels
