Entertainment
Tiwa Savage Risks Losing Multi-Million Naira Endorsement Deals
Tiwa Savage, popular Nigerian singer may lose some endorsements and her public image damaged as she battles a scandal which has sparked up controversy on social media.
On Wednesday, social media was agog, following the release of a sex-tape allegedly involving the singer and her boyfriend.
Though Tiwa is yet to confirm or deny whether she is the one captured in the video, she had earlier in an interview with American OAP, Angie Martinez of Power 105.1, raised the alarm that she was being blackmailed by an unknown person with a sex tape
She had expressed concerns about what the blackmailer could do with the clip even as she claimed that the video was accidentally posted on Snapchat by her lover, who immediately deleted it.
Although she maintained that she would not pay a dime to the blackmailer, Tiwa feared that the intimate clip could negatively affect her career and public image.
Some Nigerians who doubted the singer opined that the alleged sex tape ‘scandal was a publicity stunt for her now released remix of ‘Somebody’s son” ft Brandy.
Reactions as suspected blackmailer releases alleged sex tape of Tiwa Savage with boyfriend
But Tiwa Savage stated that those saying it was a publicity stunt were merely disappointed that she was able to control the narrative and not allow the ‘blackmailer’ destroy her.
However, Tiwa’s alleged sex tape was eventually released. The blackmailer released the tape in the dead of Tuesday night and by morning, it had already taken over every gossip corner.
Fans were stunned when the singer’s intimate moment with her lover was seen. The girl in the sex tape had a striking resemblance to the ‘Koroba crooner, many argued.
With the social media space thrown into a fresh noise, Tiwa who seemed not bothered showed off the diamond encrusted wristwatch she purchased.
Although it is not confirmed if the woman in the viral video is Tiwa Savage or if the released clip was that which the 41- year-old spoke of, the singer has remained mute on the issue.
Many have condemned the blackmailer for releasing the footage while other chide the songstress who is not a stranger to controversies for being careless.
Condemning the actions, some Nigerians said the clip was released because she bragged about ‘controlling the narrative.
Looking at the negative effect of the matter on the artiste, a PR expert, Issac Mayowa told DAILY POST that although, the entertainment industry has been engulfed with several controversies involving many other artistes, one that is sex related threatens an artist’s career and public image.
“The industry is filled with several scandals; from domestic violence to rumored infidelity or rumored extra-marital affairs, but when a sex tape of an artist is released, it is a huge blow.
“It takes months, sometimes years to correct the damage such clip can cause. Sex tape damage control is a herculean task. Most endorsement deals come with moral clauses that give the company the right to exit the contract if a celebrity lands in trouble, as such could tarnish their reputation.”
But one Charity, a fan of the singer recalled how popular singer, Chidinma Ekile recovered when her alleged sex tape was released and noted that Tiwa Savage will bounce back.
“Because Tiwa Savage’s private activities was exposed in public doesn’t make her different or less human than most of us. She is amazing, she is not an angel, so mistakes like this should be overlooked. Chidinma survived this same scandal and look at her today, the world has moved on.”
Another respondent identified as Lukas Zayiwulu urged the singer to arrest her lover for his mistake. He also advised her to clean up her circles.
“I am not sure how her supposed boyfriend is exonerated from this whole sex thing. That video was a close shot and was posted by her boyfriend whose full pictures wasn’t displayed. She has an Army of wrong company and needs to clean up before they consume her.”
Amid the backlash, some celebrities like Harrysong, Nedu, Mercy Aigbe, IK Ogbonna, Tacha Akide and BBNaija’s Angel Smith have drummed support for the singer. They heaped accolades and encouraged her.
Entertainment
Regina Daniels Speaks Out On Children’s Welfare Amid Separation From Husband Ned Nwoko
Actress Regina Daniels has publicly expressed deep concern for the safety and welfare of her two sons, Prince Munir (Moon) and Prince Khalifa (Kharly), following her widely reported separation from her estranged husband, Senator Ned Nwoko.
In a message shared on her son’s school social media page, the actress commended the institution for its efforts and expressed pride in her son’s growth and achievements.
She also appealed to the school authorities to look after her children in her absence.
Regina described her son as the “blessed fruit of my womb,” assuring him of her unwavering prayers and constant watchfulness despite being away.
She wrote, “Oh my Moon! Blessed fruit of my womb! Mama is so proud! Grow in good health, my child! I will always watch and pray over you from afar. @LincolnAmericanAcademy I trust you to look after my babies well.”
Regina’s emotional statement came amid separation from estranged husband, Ned Nwoko and difficulty in having access to their children.
Entertainment
2Baba Finally Addresses 2025 London Altercation With Wife Natasha Osawaru
In recent a interview, music icon 2Baba (Innocent Idibia) has addressed the widely reported 2025 London altercation with his new wife, Natasha Osawaru, a member of the Edo State House of Assembly.
The music star made the revelation during an appearance on the Mic On podcast, where he spoke honestly about lessons learned from difficult moments in his life and career.
According to the father of six, there are several situations he wishes he had approached differently, especially those shaped by emotional pressure and stress.
While speaking on the podcast, 2Baba also revisited a controversial incident in London involving a disagreement with his wife, Natasha Osawaru, which led to his arrest in October 2025.
The singer took responsibility for the episode, admitting that his reaction at the time was fueled by anger.
“I was angry that day. It was an unfortunate incident,” the singer said.
He explained that managing personal challenges alongside public life has not always been easy, adding that some experiences have pushed him to reassess how he handles conflict and pressure.
The award-winning artiste further noted that emotional strain can sometimes cloud judgment, stressing that he now understands the importance of responding more carefully in tense situations.
“There are so many things I wish I could rewind and do better. As a human being, there are times when you are overwhelmed or don’t make the best decisions. My thick-skin is weaker now,” he said.
2Baba added that these life experiences have left him more reflective, teaching him valuable lessons about accountability, emotional control, and personal growth.
Entertainment
Why My Kids Are No Longer On My Social Media – Yul Edochie
Actor Yul Edochie has clarified that his decision to stop posting photos of his children with his estranged wife, May Edochie, is not due to estrangement but due to a legal mandate.
Speaking in a recent interview on the KaaTruths podcast, Yul said he maintains regular contact with his children and continues to support them financially, including covering aspects of their university education.
“I am in contact with my children. I have heard a lot of things. About people saying ‘he abandoned his children’. My second son just got into the university months ago. He just did his matriculation a few days back. Infact, he told me a day before time, and I told him I was busy. “The main issue is not on social media. I would rather not say anything. I don’t want to say my ex-wife did this, my ex-wife did that. Real men don’t tackle issues like that. It is all family stuff , nobody is perfect,” he said.
The actor attributed his silence on social media about his children to a court order related to his ongoing divorce case with May, citing their safety.
“There is also a court order. There is a divorce case going on. That is why I cannot really speak. It says anything that has to do with the children, for their own safety, I should not post,” he added.
Yul and May’s divorce proceedings, initiated in 2023, have been stalled over issues like marriage dissolution terms and adultery claims.
Yul married actress Judy Austin as his second wife in 2022, prompting May to file for divorce and seek N100 million in damages.
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
-
News1 hour agoCouple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
-
News5 hours agoBrake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba
