Connect with us

News

MAN CUTS OFF HAND OF 16-YEAR-OLD STUDENT FOR RESISTING RAPE ATTEMPT

Published

on

A 16-year-old senior two student in Bududa District, Uganda, has narrated how she was waylaid and attacked by a machete-wielding man who cut off her hand after she resisted his attempt to rape her.

Evelyn Namasopo told Mbale Chief Magistrate, Mr James Mawanda, during a session at Bubulo Magistrate’s Court in Manafwa District on Wednesday, April 7, that the suspect Derrick Kuloba, 25, attacked her near a forest on her way home to pick beddings and food for her sick mother who had been admitted.

“He (Kuloba) started ordering me to undress and when I refused he pulled out a machete and started cutting me. He wanted to cut my head but I tried to guard it with my right hand,” she told court during hearing of a case in which Kuloba is accused of attempted murder.

Evelyn said she made an alarm hoping to get help but in vain, adding that she’s still experiencing a lot of pain

The victim accused police and Mbale Court of trying to frustrate her case because Kuloba was released under unclear circumstances a few days after his arrest.

“I need justice from this court because I’m now disabled. I’m not able to do any day-to-day activities like I used to. I can’t even write,” she explained.

Prosecution told court that Kuloba, a resident of Nabooti Village, Nakatsi Sub-County in Bududa District, on July 4, 2020 armed with a machete, waylaid the victim and attacked her before chopping off her right hand in a botched rape

The girl also sustained several injuries on other parts of the body. Prosecution presented three witnesses; the victim, her cousin and uncle.

In her testimony, the girl further asked court to give Kuloba a harsh punishment.

The case was adjourned to April 8, 2021 when Prosecution is expected to present more witnesses in court.

Her mother, Ms Juliet Khainza said: “We had waited for this case to start but in vain. I want my daughter to get justice.”

Ms Khainza asked the suspect to foot the victim’s medical bills, pending judgment, saying her family had become financially handicapped.

Source: NATION

 

Advertisement

News

Tinubu Reaffirms Confidence In Ribadu Amid Rising Security Successes

Published

on

By

President Bola Tinubu has publicly commended National Security Adviser (NSA) Nuhu Ribadu, expressing full confidence that Nigeria will defeat terrorism and banditry under his leadership.

Speaking in Yola, Adamawa State, during the inauguration of projects completed by the state government, Tinubu praised Ribadu who is an Adamawa native for his dedication and the “evident results” of his security strategies.

“I believe the state of Adamawa is strongly proud of you because I am too,” the President said, reaffirming his administration’s support for the NSA.

President Tinubu also reiterated the Federal Government’s determination to tackle insecurity across the country, stating that under Ribadu’s guidance, Nigeria would overcome banditry and terrorism.

“With you, we will defeat the bandits and terrorists,” he added.

 

Continue Reading

News

Joint Security Task Force Thwarts Bandit Attack In Ifelodun LGA

Published

on

By

Security forces on Sunday evening successfully repelled an attack by armed bandits on Share, the headquarters of Ifelodun Local Government Area (LGA) in Kwara State.

The confrontation involved a combined team of the Nigerian Army, forest guards, and other local security outfits.

The attack was reportedly repelled after about one hour’s exchange of gunfire between security forces and the armed bandits.

Share community came under attack Sunday evening when armed bandits reportedly invaded the town, sparking panic among residents.

Local security sources confirmed that the attackers engaged combined security forces in a fierce exchange of gunfire that lasted for about one hour.

The coordinated response is said to have successfully repelled the assailants.

No official confirmed cases of abduction or fatalities were reported at the time of this report.

Authorities are said to be monitoring the situation closely, while residents remain on alert, according to a security source.

 

Continue Reading

News

Panic In Kwara As Terror Group Issues Written Threat To Three Towns

Published

on

By

A terrorist group identifying itself as the Nigeria Terrorist Association (NTA) has issued a formal notification of a planned attack on three communities in Oyun Local Government Area (LGA), Kwara State.

The notification, which was found dropped at the Ira market area, has caused significant panic and led many residents to flee their homes.

The communities identified in the threat are Ira, Inaja and Aho. A letter allegedly issued by a group calling itself the Nigeria Terrorists Association (NTA) was reportedly dropped at the Ira market area, warning residents of an impending attack.

The development has sparked panic among locals and prompted heightened security measures across the affected areas. Security agencies have reportedly intensified patrols and operational readiness in response to the threat.

According to sources, the group claimed in the letter that its members had moved from Kaiama in Kwara North Senatorial District to Oyun Local Government Area in Kwara South, and would strike the listed communities “anytime soon.”

A security source disclosed that the Nigerian Army’s Forward Operation Base (FOB) in Ilemona is playing a key role in ongoing patrols, alongside other security operatives deployed to secure the area.

The latest threat comes days after security forces repelled a bandit attack on Share, headquarters of Ifelodun Local Government Area. The confrontation reportedly lasted about an hour, with no casualties or abductions recorded.

 

Continue Reading

Trending