Connect with us

News

End SARS Protest: How Policeman, Family Got killed in Lagos

Published

on

End SARS Protest: How Policeman, Family Got killed in Lagos

The #EndSARS Protest in Lagos has claimed the life of a policeman who was murdered alongside his entire family in Awoyaya area of Ibeju Lekki Local Government area.

 

Jomog News Nigeria, reports that, a resident, who lives near the community told our reporter that the incident occurred days after the October 21 Lekki shooting by Nigerian Army troops.

The deseaced policeman was accused of killing some young men during the October 21 violence in Lagos.

According to the source who narrated the story, claimed the deceased returned home to a horrific scene.

“They killed his wife and three children. According to what we heard, they came to revenge the firing of some of hoodlums who eventually burned down Ajiwe Police Station.

“The guys called the policeman’s name when they reached front of the building. They ordered him to come out and face them. After some minutes, they broke into the house and killed the family.

“By the time he got home and saw what happened, he started screaming and vowed that those who committed the act will pay. Would you believe he was found dead within one hour of his threat?

“His case was not the only one. Same thing was done to a few more policemen living at Ogombo, Elemoro and other locations along Ajah-Epe axis. Their apartments were attacked but most of them and their family fled on time”, he disclosed.

The informant admitted that it may take a while before personnel garner courage and confidence to return to their duty posts and the streets.

“The attacks on them were why I believe not all will not come out soon. Gangs already have guns; the ones stolen from damaged police stations are in the wrong hands.

“Now, policemen must wear bullet proof and helmet at all times because some people may decide to attack them whether provoked or not.

“The government should make immediate and adequate provisions for them. There are bad eggs, agreed; but now we are all at the mercy of bad boys. They have been raping and robbing residents inside their homes!”

This medium had earlier reported that a DPO has advised Nigerians to protect themselves ahead of the yuletide and the new year.

He stated that the situation, especially in volatile places, was not safe yet for personnel.

The divisional head regretted that operatives were killed, stations vandalized and armouries looted in many states.

Last Friday, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, announced that 22 policemen were killed and 205 stations/formations destroyed during the nationwide riots.

Adamu also directed police personnel to protect themselves against attacks.

“If anybody touches or assault you, you can also protect yourself”, he said in Abuja.

Meanwhile, the Police Service Commission (PSC) has confirmed that it would not force personnel to return to work.

The spokesperson, Ikechukwu Ani, said PSC is pained that policemen were killed and stations set ablaze.

“It will be very insensitive at this point for anyone to say that the commission will dismiss any policeman who didn’t return to work”, he noted in a statement.

News

Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack

Published

on

By

Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.

During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.

The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.

Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.

According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.

During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.

A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.

While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.

In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.

“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.

“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”

Continue Reading

News

Brake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba

Published

on

By

One person died and four others were rescued following a road accident at Ekoro Junction, Abule-Egba, on Friday evening, according to a statement from the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority.

The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department of LASTMA, Adebayo Taofiq, made this known in a statement issued on the agency’s X handle on Saturday.

According to the agency, the crash occurred at about 7:30 p.m. when an empty MACK tanker suffered a sudden brake failure, lost control and rammed into a Toyota Corolla before crashing into a roadside shop.

LASTMA said the tanker, with registration number EKY 900 XY, collided with a Toyota Corolla marked AAA 823 AY.

The impact caused extensive structural damage to the shop and triggered panic among traders and pedestrians in the area.

“The magnitude of the collision led to the immediate confirmation of one fatality at the scene, while four other trapped persons were extricated from the wreckage through coordinated emergency rescue efforts,” the agency stated.

The authority said it immediately activated its Rescue and Recovery Protocol, deploying specialised operatives to manage the situation.

“Personnel implemented strategic traffic diversion, vehicular evacuation procedures and crowd management in synergy with other emergency responders to forestall secondary incidents and guarantee unobstructed access for rescue operations,” LASTMA added.

It stated that emergency teams carried out rescue operations and provided medical attention to the injured victims.

According to the agency, a heavy-duty tow truck was later deployed to evacuate the damaged tanker and clear debris from the road to restore normal traffic flow.

The agency disclosed that the tanker driver fled the scene shortly after the crash and security operatives have since launched efforts to apprehend the driver and initiate legal proceedings.

“Security personnel from the Nigeria Police Force, Ekoro Division, responded expeditiously, maintaining public order, securing the accident perimeter and assisting in investigative processes aimed at establishing the precise sequence of events that culminated in the mechanical failure and subsequent collision.

“The incident precipitated considerable traffic congestion extending across adjoining routes toward Abule-Egba, necessitating robust traffic management interventions by LASTMA officials who remained on ground directing vehicular movement and implementing diversion strategies to alleviate the backlog,” it said.

According to the agency, its General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, expressed condolences to the family of the deceased and urged transport operators, particularly drivers of articulated vehicles, to prioritise routine vehicle maintenance.

“Preventable mechanical deficiencies remain a significant contributory factor in severe road traffic crashes,” Bakare-Oki said.

He also advised motorists to exercise vigilance, obey traffic regulations and maintain responsible driving practices, especially within densely populated commercial corridors.

Bakare-Oki assured the public that security agencies would conduct a thorough investigation to determine the immediate and remote causes of the incident and ensure that anyone found culpable would be prosecuted in accordance with extant laws.

The agency said other emergency responders at the scene included the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the Lagos State Ambulance Service, the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit and officers of the Nigeria Police Force, collaborated to coordinate rescue, medical response and environmental safety measures.

Continue Reading

News

Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case

Published

on

By

The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.

NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.

The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)

In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.

The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.

Continue Reading

Trending