Entertainment
Misplaced Priority: Angry Ogun Residents Mock Governor Abiodun For ‘Lavishing’ N5Million On BB Naija Star, Laycon.
ABEOKUTA – Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has come under intense attack, criticism from angry residents of the state for donating the sum of N5million on winner of the controversial Big Brother Naija, Olamilekan Moshood Agbelesebioba otherwise known as Laycon.
Governor Abiodun had on Tuesday donated the cash reward and a 3-bedroom apartment to the BBNaija star when he hosted the music star.
The governor who said he was impressed with Laycon’s display while on the TV show, added that the star boy has demonstrated the Omoluabi component which is the primary ingredient of an Ogun state born Nigerian.
Abiodun therefore, appointed Laycon as youth ambassador of the state, promising that his administration would continue to unleash the creative energies of the youth and the generality of the people as innovators, academic, researchers, entertainers, creative artists in the public or private sector, formal or non-formal in and outside Ogun state for the continued development of the state.
The BBNaija show has received more condemnation from various section of Nigerians for promoting immorality among the youths.
But the governor’s gesture was condemned by some stakeholders, describing it as misplaced priority.
Some of the participants who spoke on various Media WhatsApp platforms frowned at the N5million donation, saying the government was insensitive despite owing the pensioners and civil servants backlogs of arrears and deductions.
Some of the comments are read below:
“??????? misplaced priority. Additional 5million to the 85 million. House again.”
“Celebration of vanity. This is why the focus of the youth is how to make quick money without an intellectual work.”
“Maybe the #5m will be collected back on the tax which the State Government had earlier requested from Laycon. Maybe the money and the House may not be up to the tax he will pay. Na, maybe I say o.”
“What a gesture! An Ambassador indeed. Wish the young man all the best though.”
“The scenario is like a talking drum…ibi to k’oju s’enikan ni o”
“What is the other perspective?”
“I hope our leaders are not stylishly encouraging youths to do anything doable to get to stardom… Hard Work Pays in the 60s, 70s and 80s. Hard Work no longer have bearing in today’s generation”
“I Know one day a “Yahoo Boy” will emerge as Special Adviser on Youth Affairs or another YOUTH AMBASSADOR.”
“It is well with our conscious and subconscious minds. Misplaced Priority. Ire oooooo”
“This is laughable and totally lacking in deep thinking and focus. A sad day for struggling Nigerian Youth. A situation where the state government is still owing the pensioners and civil servants backlogs of arrears and deductions. *Misplaced Priorities*”
“What do we now do to those ones that win academic laurels?”
Another participant who spoke from United Kingdom said, “So very insensitive Government led by a seemingly unconcerned Governor.
“I am a social worker based in UK running an orphanage here in Abeokuta for over a decade. I have been requesting for a bus to support the orphans under our care in the orphanage. It’s been all promises without performance since this administration in Ogun State came on board.
“We have a lots of other people not from Ogun State doing Great work in Ogun and the Government seldom support their good work, but could give 5m out with a bungalow just like that to someone whose finances are almost totally challengeless? Unbelievable.
“The bus I asked for is to serve as school bus for the children at the Gideon orphanage Home, as well to regularly convey to the infirmary, over 200 Aged in the same home.
“The deputy governor and First Lady visited and never got back to us, but they support this mundane thing with barefaced arrogance? very annoying and sincerely discouraging.”
Entertainment
Regina Daniels Speaks Out On Children’s Welfare Amid Separation From Husband Ned Nwoko
Actress Regina Daniels has publicly expressed deep concern for the safety and welfare of her two sons, Prince Munir (Moon) and Prince Khalifa (Kharly), following her widely reported separation from her estranged husband, Senator Ned Nwoko.
In a message shared on her son’s school social media page, the actress commended the institution for its efforts and expressed pride in her son’s growth and achievements.
She also appealed to the school authorities to look after her children in her absence.
Regina described her son as the “blessed fruit of my womb,” assuring him of her unwavering prayers and constant watchfulness despite being away.
She wrote, “Oh my Moon! Blessed fruit of my womb! Mama is so proud! Grow in good health, my child! I will always watch and pray over you from afar. @LincolnAmericanAcademy I trust you to look after my babies well.”
Regina’s emotional statement came amid separation from estranged husband, Ned Nwoko and difficulty in having access to their children.
Entertainment
2Baba Finally Addresses 2025 London Altercation With Wife Natasha Osawaru
In recent a interview, music icon 2Baba (Innocent Idibia) has addressed the widely reported 2025 London altercation with his new wife, Natasha Osawaru, a member of the Edo State House of Assembly.
The music star made the revelation during an appearance on the Mic On podcast, where he spoke honestly about lessons learned from difficult moments in his life and career.
According to the father of six, there are several situations he wishes he had approached differently, especially those shaped by emotional pressure and stress.
While speaking on the podcast, 2Baba also revisited a controversial incident in London involving a disagreement with his wife, Natasha Osawaru, which led to his arrest in October 2025.
The singer took responsibility for the episode, admitting that his reaction at the time was fueled by anger.
“I was angry that day. It was an unfortunate incident,” the singer said.
He explained that managing personal challenges alongside public life has not always been easy, adding that some experiences have pushed him to reassess how he handles conflict and pressure.
The award-winning artiste further noted that emotional strain can sometimes cloud judgment, stressing that he now understands the importance of responding more carefully in tense situations.
“There are so many things I wish I could rewind and do better. As a human being, there are times when you are overwhelmed or don’t make the best decisions. My thick-skin is weaker now,” he said.
2Baba added that these life experiences have left him more reflective, teaching him valuable lessons about accountability, emotional control, and personal growth.
Entertainment
Why My Kids Are No Longer On My Social Media – Yul Edochie
Actor Yul Edochie has clarified that his decision to stop posting photos of his children with his estranged wife, May Edochie, is not due to estrangement but due to a legal mandate.
Speaking in a recent interview on the KaaTruths podcast, Yul said he maintains regular contact with his children and continues to support them financially, including covering aspects of their university education.
“I am in contact with my children. I have heard a lot of things. About people saying ‘he abandoned his children’. My second son just got into the university months ago. He just did his matriculation a few days back. Infact, he told me a day before time, and I told him I was busy. “The main issue is not on social media. I would rather not say anything. I don’t want to say my ex-wife did this, my ex-wife did that. Real men don’t tackle issues like that. It is all family stuff , nobody is perfect,” he said.
The actor attributed his silence on social media about his children to a court order related to his ongoing divorce case with May, citing their safety.
“There is also a court order. There is a divorce case going on. That is why I cannot really speak. It says anything that has to do with the children, for their own safety, I should not post,” he added.
Yul and May’s divorce proceedings, initiated in 2023, have been stalled over issues like marriage dissolution terms and adultery claims.
Yul married actress Judy Austin as his second wife in 2022, prompting May to file for divorce and seek N100 million in damages.
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
-
News20 minutes agoCouple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
