News
Kashamu Withdrew Case Against Adebutu Before Death – Lawyer Reacts To Kessington’s Video(VIDEO)
COUNSEL FOR THE LATE SENATOR BURUJI KASHAMU, MR AJIBOLA OLUYEDE, SAID HIS CLIENT, BEFORE HIS DEATH, WITHDREW THE LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST RIVAL LOTTO OPERATORS IN THE COUNTRY, INCLUDING SIR KESHINGTON ADEBUTU’S PREMIER LOTTO, POPULARLY KNOWN AS BABA IJEBU.
OLUYEDE TOLD THE PUNCH ON THE TELEPHONE ON THURSDAY THAT KASHAMU, THROUGH HIS FIRM, WESTERN LOTTO LIMITED, TOOK THE DECISION PRIOR TO HIS DEATH ON AUGUST 8.
THE LAWYER WAS CONTACTED AGAINST THE BACKDROP OF A VIRAL VIDEO SUGGESTING THAT THE LATE KASHAMU, WHILE ON HIS SICKBED, PLACED A PHONE CALL TO ADEBUTU TO SEEK HIS FORGIVENESS AND PLEDGED TO DROP LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST PREMIER LOTTO.
IN THE VIDEO, ADEBUTU HAD DEMANDED THAT KASHAMU WITHDRAW THE COURT CASE AGAINST HIM IN DEMONSTRATION OF HIS PENITENCE.
THE TWO BUSINESSMEN FROM OGUN STATE WERE EMBROILED IN A LEGAL TUSSLE IN RELATION TO THE PROPRIETARY RIGHT OVER ‘GHANA GAMES’.
IN A SUIT FILED BEFORE THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT IN LAGOS, KASHAMU’S WESTERN LOTTO ACCUSED ADEBUTU’S PREMIER LOTTO AND 22 OTHER RIVAL LOTTO FIRMS OF INFRINGING ON ITS TRADEMARK.
THE COURT LAST YEAR DECEMBER GRANTED WESTERN LOTTO AN ANTON PILLER ORDER TO ENTER INTO AND SEARCH THE OFFICES OF THE RIVAL LOTTO FIRMS FOR EVIDENCE OF THE ALLEGED INFRINGEMENT ON ITS LICENCE ON ‘GHANA GAMES’.
JUSTICE C.J. ANEKE ALSO DISMISSED THE DEFENDANTS’ PRELIMINARY OBJECTION, CHALLENGING THE COURT’S JURISDICTION AND SEEKING TO SET ASIDE THE ANTOM PILLER ORDER.
THE DEFENDANTS WENT ON APPEAL.
OLUYEDE TOLD OUR CORRESPONDENT ON THURSDAY THAT THE MATTER WAS WITHDRAWN BEFORE KASHAMU DIED.
HE SAID, “THERE IS ONLY ONE ACTION THAT INVOLVES ADEBUTU’S COMPANY; IT INVOLVES ALL THE OPERATORS AS WELL AS THE LOTTERY REGULATORY COMMISSION. THAT ACTION WAS AT THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT; AND BEFORE SENATOR KASHAMU DEPARTED WE HAD DISCONTINUED THE ACTION AGAINST ALL THE OPERATORS, INCLUDING SIR KESHINGTON’S PREMIER LOTTO. SO, THERE IS ACTUALLY, AS OF TODAY, NO REAL PENDING ACTION AGAINST THEM.”
ON THE APPEAL FILED BY THE DEFENDANTS, OLUYEDE SAID, “THE DISCONTINUANCE OF THE CASE BRINGS AN END TO EVERYTHING. THAT ONE IS NOW LEFT FOR THE COURT OF APPEAL TO DECIDE WHETHER THEY STILL WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THE APPEAL OR THE APPEAL IS NOW AN ACADEMIC EXERCISE. OUR OWN POSITION IS THAT THE APPEAL IS NOW AN ACADEMIC EXERCISE.”
IN THE VIDEO, ADEBUTU WAS SEEN RECEIVING A CALL FROM KASHAMU, WITH HIS MOBILE PHONE ON SPEAKER WHILE HE WAS BEING VIDEO-RECORDED.
IN THE CONVERSATION, WHICH WAS MAJORLY IN YORUBA LANGUAGE, KASHAMU PROFUSELY BEGGED ADEBUTU TO FORGIVE HIM, SAYING HE WAS READY TO DO AS ADEBUTU PLEASED, INCLUDING SUPPORTING HIS SON, LADI, TO BECOME THE OGUN STATE GOVERNOR.
MEANWHILE, AN ASSOCIATE OF ADEBUTU, AARE KOLA OYEFESO, SAID THE VIDEO WAS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC IN GOOD FAITH.
OYEFESO, A CLOSE ALLY OF THE BILLIONAIRE BUSINESSMAN, CONFIRMED THAT THE VIDEO EMANATED FROM THE ADEBUTU FAMILY TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT THE DUO HAD RECONCILED.
HE SAID, “I AM CONFIRMING TO YOU ON MY WORD OF HONOUR BEFORE GOD AND MAN THAT THE VIDEO IS AUTHENTIC.
“IT WAS KASHAMU SPEAKING TO SIR ADEBUTU, NOT BABA SPEAKING TO KASHAMU.
“ON HIS SICKBED, HE REALISED HIS SHORTCOMING AND HE TRIED TO MAKEUP AND HE INDEED MADE UP.”
-Punch.
News
Couple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a couple from their residence in the Iluabo area of Akure North Local Government, Ondo State.
During the attack, which occurred in the early hours of Saturday, February 21, 2026, the assailants shot one person before seizing the victims.
The gunmen had stormed Olaribigba Estate in the community when they whisked Mr Jamiu Olawale and his wife into the bush.
Following the development, which has created tension in the agrarian community, residents protested and barricaded the road leading to the community over the incessant kidnappings and insecurity in the community.
According to sources, the couple had arrived at their residence in an ash-coloured Toyota Camry when they were attacked by the gunmen, who lay in ambush for them.
During the incident, a neighbour of the abducted couple, Patrick Ilumaro, who was seated in front of his residence, was shot by the gunmen while fleeing from the community.
A neighbour of the victims revealed that Ilumaro was swiftly rushed to an undisclosed medical facility where he is currently receiving medical treatment.
While confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Command disclosed that tactical teams as well as conventional operatives have been deployed to the community.
In a statement issued by the Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, the operatives are already combing the axis in an effort to rescue the victims and apprehend the perpetrators.
“Concerted efforts are ongoing to ensure the safe return of the abducted persons and bring those responsible to justice.
“Members of the public are urged to remain calm and go about their lawful activities. Meanwhile, the Command urges them to provide credible and actionable information that may assist in the investigation to the nearest police station.”
News
Brake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba
One person died and four others were rescued following a road accident at Ekoro Junction, Abule-Egba, on Friday evening, according to a statement from the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority.
The Director, Public Affairs and Enlightenment Department of LASTMA, Adebayo Taofiq, made this known in a statement issued on the agency’s X handle on Saturday.
According to the agency, the crash occurred at about 7:30 p.m. when an empty MACK tanker suffered a sudden brake failure, lost control and rammed into a Toyota Corolla before crashing into a roadside shop.
LASTMA said the tanker, with registration number EKY 900 XY, collided with a Toyota Corolla marked AAA 823 AY.
The impact caused extensive structural damage to the shop and triggered panic among traders and pedestrians in the area.
“The magnitude of the collision led to the immediate confirmation of one fatality at the scene, while four other trapped persons were extricated from the wreckage through coordinated emergency rescue efforts,” the agency stated.
The authority said it immediately activated its Rescue and Recovery Protocol, deploying specialised operatives to manage the situation.
“Personnel implemented strategic traffic diversion, vehicular evacuation procedures and crowd management in synergy with other emergency responders to forestall secondary incidents and guarantee unobstructed access for rescue operations,” LASTMA added.
It stated that emergency teams carried out rescue operations and provided medical attention to the injured victims.
According to the agency, a heavy-duty tow truck was later deployed to evacuate the damaged tanker and clear debris from the road to restore normal traffic flow.
The agency disclosed that the tanker driver fled the scene shortly after the crash and security operatives have since launched efforts to apprehend the driver and initiate legal proceedings.
“Security personnel from the Nigeria Police Force, Ekoro Division, responded expeditiously, maintaining public order, securing the accident perimeter and assisting in investigative processes aimed at establishing the precise sequence of events that culminated in the mechanical failure and subsequent collision.
“The incident precipitated considerable traffic congestion extending across adjoining routes toward Abule-Egba, necessitating robust traffic management interventions by LASTMA officials who remained on ground directing vehicular movement and implementing diversion strategies to alleviate the backlog,” it said.
According to the agency, its General Manager, Olalekan Bakare-Oki, expressed condolences to the family of the deceased and urged transport operators, particularly drivers of articulated vehicles, to prioritise routine vehicle maintenance.
“Preventable mechanical deficiencies remain a significant contributory factor in severe road traffic crashes,” Bakare-Oki said.
He also advised motorists to exercise vigilance, obey traffic regulations and maintain responsible driving practices, especially within densely populated commercial corridors.
Bakare-Oki assured the public that security agencies would conduct a thorough investigation to determine the immediate and remote causes of the incident and ensure that anyone found culpable would be prosecuted in accordance with extant laws.
The agency said other emergency responders at the scene included the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, the Lagos State Ambulance Service, the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit and officers of the Nigeria Police Force, collaborated to coordinate rescue, medical response and environmental safety measures.
News
Court Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
The Department of State Services (DSS) will arraign former Governnor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, on February 25 over alleged cybercrime and breach of national security.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court has fixed the date for the arraignment of the former Governor on a three-count criminal charge filed by the Department of State Services (DSS) after the Chief Judge, Justice John Tsoho assigned the case to her.
NAN earlier reported that the DSS, on Monday, filed a three-count criminal charge against El-Rufai following his alleged involvement in wiretapping the telephone lines of the National Security Adviser (NSA), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The charge, instituted by the Nigerian secret police, is marked FHC/ABJ/CR/99/2026.
The service accused El-Rufai of breaching the Cybercrimes Prohibition Act (2024) and the Nigerian Communications Act (2003.)
In court, El-Rufai was alleged to have, on Feb. 13, while appearing as a guest on Arise TV station’s Prime Time Programme in Abuja, admitted during the interview that he and his cohorts unlawfully intercepted the phone communications of the NSA, Mr Ribadu.
The offence is said to be contrary to and punishable under Section 12(1) of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act, 2024.
-
Health1 day agoFG Launches Salt-Reduction Campaign In Lagos To Combat Hypertension
-
News2 days agoMaureen Badejo To Appear Before Federal High Court Tomorrow On Defamation, Cybercrime Charges
-
News1 day agoCourt Sets Feb 25 For El-Rufai’s Arraignment In DSS Cybercrime Case
-
News10 hours agoBrake Failure Leaves One Dead, Four Rescued At Abule-Egba
-
News6 hours agoCouple Kidnapped, One Shot In Ondo Estate Attack
-
Entertainment7 hours agoTikTok Star Peller Escapes Unhurt After Fire Guts Generator At Lagos Mansion
